Join now - be part of our community!

No option to change .url to browse internet on Bravia TV

profile.country.GB.title
lithoartist

No option to change .url to browse internet on Bravia TV

I have a Sony Bravia TV, model 32W705.  I have added "www" app to my home screen.  Selecting this brings up Sony's .url, https://www.sony.co.uk/.  Opening "OPTIONS", as I believe I must to choose another .url, nothing relevant is presented.  The list comprises: Picture/Sound/SceneSelect, History, Set as StartPage, Show and Browser Settings, only.

I have successfully refreshed internet content, to no avail.  I have set up the network again, both wirelessly and wired (via a powerline adaptor).  Messages follow in both cases: for wireless, "Your TV has successfully connected the following router." and for wired, "Your TV is successfully connected to the internet."  I have rerun the internet content refresh, too.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
lithoartist

Michael_Kn

I thank you for your reply.

The immediate purpose for which I require an internet browser does not justify a factory reset of the television when I do not know what its effects might be.  I hoped there would be another solution.

profile.country.GB.title
lithoartist

I continue to have problems with my Sony TV: the message, "Internet download failed because content size exceeds system memory limit" has reared its head again when trying to use BBC iPlayer.  I decided to carry out a factory reset in desperation. The operation was not successful so far as BBC iPlayer is concerned: it played the first time but the same message occurred on the second occasion.  What has changed, however, is that the internet browser is fully functional now: the top row of icons is accessible and I can carry out searches.  I wondered whether this might be a solution to the BBC iPlayer problem: could I access it online?  The answer is No!  A message appears, "Sorry we do not support your device."