Join now - be part of our community!

Yellow tint

SOLVED
Steve1970
Visitor

Yellow tint

Anyone else have a yellow tint on their display?? I have it quite bad on the bottom of the display and both left and right hand edges of display running from top to bottom. Is it possible with a firmware update that this issue could be eliminated. J had read on one forum that ICS update SHOULD solve it. Something to do with the colour calibration. I have also heard that it could be to do with colour temperature of screen,  or the glue that was used to put display together.

Any advice would be gladly appreciated as this is ruining my experience with this device.

726 REPLIES 726
Ethan
Visitor

Thank you jinnga. Where did you get your phone serviced? Is it at junction 8 at bishan? After replacement of screen, there's no more yellow spot issue yes?

Not applicable

Hi,

I have made the test it was difficult to reach 40C but after this i run the display test.

The issue with my device is that it is seems to me that is ok but how could be sure that i am checked proper?

The white colour near the soft-buttons isn't so pure whit but also isn't yellow....

I am little bit confused if i have tint problem and i need to decide in 2-days in order to replace with new one without send it to SONY service.

Is it possible to upload some more pictures?

djingga
Visitor

Hi, Ethan. Yes I brought my phone to the service center at Junction 8, Bishan

djingga
Visitor

Hi, Ethan you try to call them first before you send your phone in. Try to ask them about the spare part and how many day they need to repair it. Hope to have good news from you soon.

Henry
Visitor

Oh no, is that what they say?  I was about to call them tomorrow and see if I could replace / repair my phone..... 

Markus1
Leader

I just checked this to have it confirmed and the agents at the support office in Hong Kong should be fully aware of this. So should the service center.

When I posted this it was late Friday afternoon/evening in Hong Kong. It might be the reason to why they did not know of this solution when you contacted them.

Try again at it should not be a problem. Let me know.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Not applicable

Dear Markus,

It seems that the support office in Taiwan knows nothing about the display issue. However, there are a lot of customers who bought Xperia S have yellow tint on the display.

Is it possible that you can confirm if the support office or the service center in Taiwan do know how to fix the display issue for customers?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Not applicable

Please help.. Nobody is answering my question.... I bought my phone from china and I'm located to the philippines... I know my warranty wont cover that... but what if I bring the phone to the service center here in the philippines and ask them to change the lcd?... how much am I going to pay?... pls sir markus answer this...

Someone please answer because this yellow tint issue is really freaking me out.. I cant believe SONY let this happen!

Markus1
Leader

All service centers and support teams/offices should have this information. I got this confirmed earlier today.

I will forward your feedback though so the Taiwan office can be reminded.

Markus1
Leader

Sorry, I missed your post.

You will have to contact either the support team or a service center in the Philippines to get a good answer on this. There's no generic price list available and the warranty/costs might vary from market to market.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Please post here when you've contacted them and have received an answer. Let me know if you run into any troubles.