Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia J Contacts problem

SOLVED
MikeS
Visitor

Xperia J Contacts problem

I am having a recurring problem with contacts on my Xperia J.  Quite regularly all the contacts seem to disappear from the phone.  I then reimport them from all locations but none are shown in Contacts.  However when I receive an SMS message it's shown with the correct contacts details !!  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nabeel
Master

Hey, try this

Contacts > options > filter > tap on Local contacts/ google contacts / etx > Mark everything

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Nabeel
Master

Hey, try this

Contacts > options > filter > tap on Local contacts/ google contacts / etx > Mark everything

MikeS
Visitor

Bingo !!   Thanks very much !!

Cookiemai
Visitor

THANKYOU SO MUCH this has been happening regularly that I thought I had to take my phone in! (though i noticed abit too late) hahaha

thanks again my phone is finally functioning

Slightly_smiling_Face

Serenella
Visitor

Hi, thanks for advice. I have the same problem, but this remedy doesn't work for my phone! help me please!

unfortunately I've never backup my contacts, but I always saved them into sd card.

How can I recover my data? thanx!

JNeill
Visitor

Thank you for this solution!  I've been struggling with this for weeks!!:smileyyahoo:

Mialya
Visitor

Hello, 

I have had a similar problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I switched my phone off for about three hours and when I switched it back on again there was an error message, can't remeber exactly what it said but it was somethign about android. What I did notice was all my contatcs were gone. I checked the filter settings which were fine and then tried to import my contatcs back from the phone memory and SIM and it didn't find any instead it says "No vCard file found, Only.vcf files can be imported" I still have all the text messages and conversations I had received and nothing else seems to have gone wrong. Anyone know what;s happened, Can I get my contacts back?

Thanks

Jakester65
Visitor

My contacts disappeared in exactly the same way as described above, following an "Android failed" error message. I've spent the last 2 weeks messing about restoring my contacts. The problem I'm left with is that although all the contact photos are showing in Contacts, only some appear in Conversations or on calls. They were all added the same way. I've tried re-adding them. I've tried a phone reboot. I've got the latest version of the software. I've tried a repair.

Any thoughts?

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Try contacts-filters.

alexdon
Jakester65
Visitor

Thanks, I've tried filters. I've selected just my phone contacts, which is where I restored my contacts to.

This morning I've discovered that the contacts that are not showing thier photos are showing as SIM contacts within Conversations.

I'm not sure why this would happen on some contacts or how I would change it.