Join now - be part of our community!

Yellow tint

SOLVED
Steve1970
Visitor

Yellow tint

Anyone else have a yellow tint on their display?? I have it quite bad on the bottom of the display and both left and right hand edges of display running from top to bottom. Is it possible with a firmware update that this issue could be eliminated. J had read on one forum that ICS update SHOULD solve it. Something to do with the colour calibration. I have also heard that it could be to do with colour temperature of screen,  or the glue that was used to put display together.

Any advice would be gladly appreciated as this is ruining my experience with this device.

726 REPLIES 726
Not applicable

I am from Malaysia.I am suffering the same issue, but unlike western consumers, we can't get 1 to 1 exchange. Could I call this a discrimination to Asian?

Not applicable

Hello!!

@Rashkae, in france, if you go to the apple store with the phone, they exchange it if the color is bad (or yellow)

Another day with no sign of Sony moderation!!.........

Markus1
Leader

OK, we have an official response on this now. I will just paste it here so you get in word by word.

Sony Mobile Communications has identified that the display on a limited number of Xperia S smartphones may show a slight yellow tint if exposed to temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius. This is limited to a small number of units and the cause of this has been corrected. Any consumer observing this slight yellow tint on the display of their Xperia S is welcome to contact their local customer service centre and Sony Mobile Communications will resolve this at no cost to the consumer.

Any questions? This response basically says it all but I will try to help if you got any queries.

Not applicable

Would we have to send the phone in for a repair or would it be a straight swap?

Not applicable

Thank you very much! Mine unfortunately has this problem. I bought it at a phone shop (The PhoneHouse) in the netherlands. Should I go there to have it fixed, or should I go to a sony service center? If the latter, is there some website where I can find my closest service center?

How will the repair be handled? Will the screen be repaired or will the phone be swapped?

Markus1
Leader

The phone must be handed in at a service center. You can call the local support team and ask for the location of the nearest one.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/country/nl_NL/

Your dealer will probably help you with this too.

Any affected display will be replaced or the complete phone will be exchanged/swapped. I guess it depends on both availability of spare parts and the extend of damage on the display/phone.

Markus1
Leader

The phone normally have to be handed in but I suggest you call the local support office and ask about the service routines since they vary from market to market.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

Not applicable

There are no service centres in The Netherlands. I will try my retailer tomorrow.

djingga
Visitor

hi, ther i collected my phone from the service center. they replace the screen for me. now my screen look good no more yellow patches... good job! Slightly_smiling_Face

i will post the screen shot after i had charge the battery...

失眠瓦
Visitor

may the sony style be with you! Slightly_smiling_Face