Join now - be part of our community!

x10 mini or x10 mini pro ?? what buy ?

SOLVED
Not applicable

x10 mini or x10 mini pro ?? what buy ?

I love SE x10 mini and I'm thinking about buying it.
However I send many sms and I'm afraid I could not do that with a screen so small.
I wonder if it is very hard to send sms xperia x10 mini or if it is easy ? Because I prefer the x10 mini than x10 mini pro.

Thanks Slightly_smiling_Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

the screen it's quite small to type on it, why don't you buy an used X10, that way you don't have to spend a lot of money and it's easy to type on the screen

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable

try both phones in your local phone shop and see which is best.

also read through the rest of the discussions here, just to see what problems may arise with either of them.

Not applicable

I've done it already.
but it is not the same thing, I wanted someone who had experience with the x10 mini tell me.
sometimes I write a lot and wanted to make sure that it will be the correct buy, x10 mini.
Maybe it's a matter of habit. Can anyone help?

Thank you anyway, stars*fire

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

don't buy either, remember 2.1 was the last update, the new Xperia generation was just announced at MWC and they will be available by the end of March. They will include Android 2.3 or 2.4 when they launch. if you like the mini pro, check Xperia Pro, if you like mini check Xperia Neo

Not applicable

typing on the qwerty keyboard of the X10 mini pro is easy, typing on the screen is too, but if there's problems with the software it probably wont  get fixed..

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I still stand with waiting for the new generation to buy a new Xperia

Not applicable

I cannot wait because my phone he hangs up and turns withou tletting me do anything. I really need to buy a new one and then I'll update throught the site of SE.

i just want to know if it is so dificult to write sms on xperia x10 mini, because I do not like slide-out keyboards, I had the nokia 5300 xpressmusic and the nokia n80 and two keyboards have ruined !

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

the screen it's quite small to type on it, why don't you buy an used X10, that way you don't have to spend a lot of money and it's easy to type on the screen

Not applicable

well if you don't want a qwerty keyboard, buy the X10 mini (or just wait), the screen size of the mini is like the screen size of the mini pro

Not applicable

Anne, i have the experia mini Pro x10, i never use the keyboard for i dont need it, I do everything just fine with the touchscreen, and i find typing on it better then any phone ive ever texted with, i feel stupid now for buying the pro because i never need the keyboard... though mybe the touch screen will fail in a few months and then the kayboard may be useless , dont know.