Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman tracks split across multiple albums

cyllell
Visitor

Walkman tracks split across multiple albums

I have just got a new Xperia SP and started transferring some of my music. Opening the walkman app I have found that many of the albums appear twice, with one of the tracks in one album and all the others in the second. This means it will not be possible to listen to an album properly without creating a specific playlist every time. Pretty annoying because I always listen to whole albums of music rather than shuffle random tracks. I used the same files on my previous phone (sony w995) with no problem at all, so don't understand why a much more modern sony phone is having this problem. Please can you let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this?

Many thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
samrocks
Visitor

Its due to different album artist (dont confuse with contributing artist)
Cris2k
Visitor

For those with the same problem I found how to deal with this. So after looking at the album(s) in question on my laptop I found that several values are different for a few tracks. Firstly get the track name that has been seperated on your phone. Then on your computer look through the album for that same track. Then right click the track directly before it and click properties and then do that for the track that is seperated. On both properties windows select details. Then copy the previous tracks' album artist, genre, and publisher, so they are the same on both tracks. Make sure you then delete the album on your phone then copy the edited album from your computer.

Hope this helps.
addled1
Visitor

Thanks for this reply, it fixes the problem.  I cant understand why Sony Walkman has this issue and other players seem to be able to tell the difference. My issue was that the "Contributing Artist"  field was complete but the "Album Artist" field was blank on a few tracks, so Walkman split into 2 albums even though the "Album" field had the same name on all tracks and they were numbered in sequence.

PowerAmp can work this out and has much more functionality.  I havent used it since ditching my Samsung 6 months ago.  Im off to PlayStore to install it.  I've also had a gutfull of problems with my Xperia Z3, so also considering ditching that too.  aaah well....

This bug is still valid on even X Compact with 9.3.5.A.0.0 version of Music Application having some FLAC files

G69
Visitor

Yep. The Z3/Z5 is a stinker. Great hardware, useless everyday functionality and user experience