Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman tracks split across multiple albums

cyllell
Visitor

Walkman tracks split across multiple albums

I have just got a new Xperia SP and started transferring some of my music. Opening the walkman app I have found that many of the albums appear twice, with one of the tracks in one album and all the others in the second. This means it will not be possible to listen to an album properly without creating a specific playlist every time. Pretty annoying because I always listen to whole albums of music rather than shuffle random tracks. I used the same files on my previous phone (sony w995) with no problem at all, so don't understand why a much more modern sony phone is having this problem. Please can you let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this?

Many thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Open the track in different albums > menu > edit song > it has to be an issue with the album title and/or artist 

cyllell
Visitor

Thanks, I just tried that but they have the identical album name and artist. Both versions of the album have even been given the same album art! Struggling to get my head round it!

Thanks for the suggestion though! Any others gratefully received!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

You can transfer the music back to your PC > use either

MediaGo to retransfer your music 

or 

open the album with WMP then > right click the album > find album info > then drag or copy paste the album in your internal storage or sd card. 

cyllell
Visitor

Thanks again, I've tried a few things over the last day or so including re-transferring after removing some of the properties from the tracks (e.g. I found that the one track in the wrong album was recorded as being from a different year than the others, so removed that property in case it made any difference). Still didn't help when I transferred it back to my phone though. I have now transferred all the rest of my music across and all the new stuff is fine. Just the 5 or so albums out of the 10 I originally transferred that still have this problem. Is it possible that the walkman app has remembered the original split into multiple albums and so goes back to it when I re-transfer a cleaner version of the album? And if so does anyone have any idea how to remove that memory from the walkman?

Many thanks for any further ideas. Really appreciate it.

Illidan
Visitor

Yeah, i got the exact same prob with my z1 compact. Its funny how no1 except has addressed this prob. Anyway, some1 plz give us a clean solution...

@cyllell: what did u do urself?
Gwen
Visitor

Hi.

I had the same problem.

For my case, it was because of a difference in the ID3 tags.

I had some tracks where the tag "Album Artist" was filled with the same value as the tag "Artist" and the others where the tag "Album Artist" was empty.

It seems that every tracks of an album must have exactly the same value for tags "Artist" AND "Album Artist".

I hope it will help you.

Gwen

nkz1c
Visitor

I found out the same thing. I guess that you have to edit all the ID3 tags (ALBUM ARTIST).. It is anoying, besause Itunes puts the songs together automatically... Further on there are albums with many artists...

Cris2k
Visitor

I'm also having the same problem, with over 20 euphoria albums on my Z2 -.- how do i edit the id3 tags? im using windows 7

Gwen
Visitor

I'm not using Windows 7 but I think it's directly possible with Windows 7 File Explorer (in my souvenirs, it was the case in Windows XP)

Try right click on your file, properties, summary, advanced