Join now - be part of our community!

VH410- Can't play media on the bluetooth headset.

SOLVED
Not applicable

VH410- Can't play media on the bluetooth headset.

Hello. Just bought the VH410 for my xperia x10,but am disappointed  that i cant seem to get music to play on the headset,it would just play  on the speaker. I have already checked the SE website for compatibility  and with both supporting a2dp. Have done resets on both devices but to no avail. What should i do?

I have already searched but nothing helped so far.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martha-
Contributor

Okay.

I don't see it on there now (although I do beleive that it may have been there in the past).

I'm sorry that there was confusion about this, but there is really no way to get A2DP on this headset

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Martha-
Contributor

Hello,

This headset does not support A2DP, none of our mono-speaker devices do. Where exactly did you see this information?

Not applicable

I might have read wrong but from this page

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/VH410?cc=gb&lc=en#view=featuresnspecs

it writes there,

"Listening is a pleasure

Pump up the volume with confidence when listening to your favourite  song – your Bluetooth™ device will automatically mute the music for  incoming calls. There’s no need to lunge for the volume control."

Martha-
Contributor

Okay.

I don't see it on there now (although I do beleive that it may have been there in the past).

I'm sorry that there was confusion about this, but there is really no way to get A2DP on this headset

Johan
Master

Unfortunately VH410 can't stream music via A2DP since it does not support A2DP.

But the headset supports multipoint which allows you to listen to music through a computer and at the same time have the phone connected to the headset.

Most Bluetooth stacks on computers can stream music via Handsfree/Headset profile instead of A2DP.

So it's correct that the headset can stream music, but unfortunately not via A2DP.

Not applicable

I guess its my mistake to misunderstand the content of the website. Nonetheless i did manage to get the mono speaker to play media from the Xperia X10 via an app. Thanx for clearing the issue for me.

Not applicable

I made the same mistake. I owned some ordinary bt headset 3 years ago, it allowed listening music. For this headset (super quility better than vh110 etc.), I somehow took for clear that it has this feature. I am disappointed as well, as I need it only for music when running otherwise it is useless for me ...