Join now - be part of our community!

Debranding Permanent?

SOLVED
daaceking
Visitor

Debranding Permanent?

Hello,

i recently debranded my db3150 using an XML file and Seus. Is debranding permanent and safe or is it temporary

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dr_Chris
Champion

1) Those digits probably indicate the change in the software from the Orange to the Generic version, but they shouldn't be part of the IMEI.

2) I don't think there's any danger of the software spontaneously reverting to the Orange version.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dr_Chris
Champion

From what I've read, the A2uploader debranding process is permanent and as long as you followed the tutorial instructions carefully, it should be safe, although if something went wrong, you can't fall back on the warranty.Have you experienced any problems with the phone since debranding it?

daaceking
Visitor

no problems.

it's just that i read somewhere that patch unlocking will be undone if you update via seus, so i was just curious, whether debranding is like that. Say perhaps, if i did repair mode via media go, or update via seus, would it go back to orange?

thanks,

Dr_Chris
Champion

Unlocking via patch may be undone if you use SEUS, but this is different to debranding.If you want to permanently unlock (not debrand) your phone from Orange, you can contact Orange and ask them for the unlocking code; they will need the phone's IMEI number, your personal details and a small fee.

daaceking
Visitor

i unlocked via code a couple of years back. I don't think you can unlock db3150 via cable anyway. i just wanted to debrand it. The phone is still unlocked. You know the imei on the back of the phone, if you do *#06# to check the imei, you notice two extra digits. these changed when i debranded. What are these?

2) so is there no way the phone can automatically become orange firmware again? without the rebranding?

thanks,

Dr_Chris
Champion

1) Those digits probably indicate the change in the software from the Orange to the Generic version, but they shouldn't be part of the IMEI.

2) I don't think there's any danger of the software spontaneously reverting to the Orange version.

daaceking
Visitor

thanks Slightly_smiling_Face