Join now - be part of our community!

MMS settings for a w995. 3 network UK

SOLVED
Not applicable

MMS settings for a w995. 3 network UK

Have just aquired a second hand w995 which was on the Orange network.  I have had it unlocked and it works fine on 3 for everything except sending photos.  I have tried in vain to manually reset the MMS settings and wonder if anyone knows what are the correct settings to get me up and running.

This was not the correct answer!  I eventually had to pay to get all Orange settings removed from the phone too known as "debranding".  This was what was blocking me changing to three settings.  Once removed the three settings loaded automatically and phone now working 100%

Message was edited by: Pedro1874

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dr_Chris
Champion

Yes, go to 3's website, or ring them, and get the mms settings sent directly to your phone by sms.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dr_Chris
Champion

MMS profile name: 3MMS

Message server: http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc

Connect using:3MMS

APN: three.co.uk

Usename and Password: LEAVE BLANK

Login request: Off

IP and DNS address: Blank(3 dots)

Authentication: None

Data Compression: Off

Header compr.: Off

Proxy settings: On, Multiple

Not applicable

Thank you for your very prompt reply.  However that is almost what I had gleaned from an afternoon's trawling the interweb except for the proxy settings "on" which was off and I have altered this setting.  I have double checked every full stop, backslash and colon but my photo refuses to go.  Ordinary texting has been no problem from the start.  Thanks again but do you have any other ideas?

Dr_Chris
Champion

Yes, go to 3's website, or ring them, and get the mms settings sent directly to your phone by sms.

Not applicable

Cheers.  I will have my third go at that route!  Fingers crossed I get someone I can understand :smileygrin: