Join now - be part of our community!

I am trying to repair my se w980 phone. But I have got this. please find the attached file.

SOLVED
Not applicable

I am trying to repair my se w980 phone. But I have got this. please find the attached file.

I have bought my se w980 in Jan 2009. Since then I have been facing one problem. Sometimes* when i call or get a call, it hangs. it hangs on its own for a while. and after ssometime it restarts on its own. It took 1 year to me to identify the problem as, it hangs when it gets a call from unknown number(if the number not saved in phone). it hangs if we call unsaved number.

That is my phone problem. So i thought, to update software. so I did phone repair using SE pc suite. It could not repair. the final message I have got is in the attachment.

Please, Please help me in this. As I am missing lot of important calls.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dr_Chris
Champion

Try SEUS on a different PC.Otherwise,try a Master reset and see if that solves the problem.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Dr_Chris
Champion

So did you actually run the SE update service on your phone (not PC suite) and attempt to update or re-install the software?

Not applicable

Yes Chris, I did.

I run the update service on connecting to PC suite. By following the steps, switching off the phone. remove the battery and reinsert. and pressing C button while connecting the USB cable to system. The phone repair(update service) run for a while, showing the message(Downloading the phone repair... ) after sometime, It stopped. Showed the attached message.

Please help me in this.

Thanks Chris, for looking into this.

Regards.

Ratnaker

Not applicable

try using SEUS , not the pc suite

Dr_Chris
Champion

The repair option is different to SEUS, which you can download from this link.You don't need PC suite for this as it's a separate application altogether.

.http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/updateservice/w980?cc=gb&lc=en

Not applicable

Chris,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

I have downloaded SEUS and tried with it. Still i have got the error. Phone battery was charged morethan 90%.

Please find the attached error.

Thanks again for looking into this.

Regards,

Ratnaker

Dr_Chris
Champion

Try SEUS on a different PC.Otherwise,try a Master reset and see if that solves the problem.

Not applicable

Thank you Very much Chris.  Slightly_smiling_Face Slightly_smiling_Face That is very helpful response. I could succesfully update my phone.

Regards,

Ratnaker

Not applicable

sir

was tryin the same as his phone as your instruction but still the same.

the phone no turned on.. as you said master reset... how..

because the phone is not turn on and only a light and a red light shown.

tq

Dr_Chris
Champion

Try re-running SEUS, because you can only do a master reset if your phone turns on.