Join now - be part of our community!

How do I sort the address book on last name

SOLVED
Not applicable

How do I sort the address book on last name

The address books seems to be sorted on first name as a default.

Where do I change it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

As my fellow poster says, there isn't a way to do it unless you go through and manually change each one... tedious!

If it is just a matter of making it more accessable for your needs then can I suggest an app free from the market called Gesture Search which allows you to use your finger to draw the first letter of the name you are looking for.... eg if I draw D it will give me Dad, Doug Smith, Alan Davis, Sally Dwyer etc.  You can add extra letters to narrow it down if you need to.  You can then tap on their name to get into their phone book page or press the green handset next to the to dial. It might sound long winded, but actually it is very quick and easier to me than trolling through the phone book.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Er_Kannan
Contributor

Friend, I use Xperia X10 Mini Pro and I haven't came across such an option in my phone. No t so sure about the big Xperia.

suze
Leader

As my fellow poster says, there isn't a way to do it unless you go through and manually change each one... tedious!

If it is just a matter of making it more accessable for your needs then can I suggest an app free from the market called Gesture Search which allows you to use your finger to draw the first letter of the name you are looking for.... eg if I draw D it will give me Dad, Doug Smith, Alan Davis, Sally Dwyer etc.  You can add extra letters to narrow it down if you need to.  You can then tap on their name to get into their phone book page or press the green handset next to the to dial. It might sound long winded, but actually it is very quick and easier to me than trolling through the phone book.