Join now - be part of our community!

Basic support - X10

SOLVED
Not applicable

Basic support - X10

Some basic info, please.

1. User Guide, phone based: Updated software. After date restore, could not access phone user guide, had to go online.

Followed tip to download & install replacement. Found the original where it should be in phone's folder. (Guides were different sizes.)

Replaced existing guide. Now the user guide logo has disappeared from the list.

How to activate phone based guide?

2. Google mail: Cannot access contact list. If I want to compose an e-mail, I need to know who to send to ahead of time,

And I need to type in the full address each time.

Ideas on how to access contact list?

3. Contact list (phone): I have 1 registered gmail account. When I enter a new contact in the phone, the info

gets replicated to the gmail entry - twicw. Scrolling down the contact entry shows a duplicate entry for the google account.

How to remove the duplicate?

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20
Not applicable

didn't work.

same behavior - app not installed ...

Not applicable

got as far as sending the e-mail.

sent copy to my regular email & 1 to gmail.

both arrived with no attachment. the attachment "send_contacts.vcf" did show below the subject form field.

is there a folder on the phone where this may have been saved?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

do that on your computer

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

in the case of repeated contacts

your phone/computer doesn't know that bob and bobby are the same person, so, if you want to keep Bob as the contact, edit the contact, add the email and then delete bobby

Not applicable

with familiarity comes understanding.

did a merge on my PC, edited & deleted some stuff.

Then I noticed the "other contacts" folder where i found a bunch of stuff that was missing.

added them to "my contacts"

almost there, i think.

there is at least 1 gmail contact not on the phone & 1 on the phone not on gmail.

sync is on on the phone.

whew - thanks for the help so far.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

no problem, let me know if you get stuck and make sure you try the Xperia Arc's launcher and widgets Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

actually, a bit stuck still. 1 contact one the phone not in gmail, 1 in gmail not on the phone.

can't see any difference in layout.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

transfer all the contacts as they are right now to Gmail, and you can continue to modify them on your computer, then you will delete ALL the contacts from your phone so you can sync ONLY gmail contacts (then you can create a backup of your contacts on your phone)

Not applicable

sometimes a reboot is the only way. 😉

OK, thanks

have a good evening.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

yeah, no problem, if you have any  more questions let me know