Join now - be part of our community!

Android 2.1v and Cancelling download !

SOLVED
Not applicable

Android 2.1v and Cancelling download !

Hey guys ! I have got 2 problems and i would be extremely glad if someone could help me out with this !

First,

I tried to download the application talking tom seeing that it was free ! But i forgot one thing...that i hadnt put on any net pack for the phone. So the phone automatically got connected to net and downloaded about 40% and this cost me a  lot ( About 150 rs so far 😕 ) How do i stop/cancel an ongoing download of an app? Currently,i switched off data traffic ! But still,i will need to use the net soon and so have to switch it on ! Can someone please help me on how i can cancel the download of the app? Help needed ASAP,thanks in advance !

Secondly,my phone still has an android 1.6v and i have already installed PC companion and update service on my PC.Now how do i update to 2.1? It asks me to switch off the phone,wait,press back key and then connect the USB cord while still pressing the back key !But nothing happens,the phone only keeps charging...:(  Someone please help me outta my problems soon !

19 REPLIES 19
Not applicable

Hey,i just let it download regardless of the cost ! And guess what? Now my bal is -25,it was 85 when it started 😕 But never mind,i will put a good data plan soon ! But what worries me is that though it was downloaded , am not able to see the application anywhere at all (within the applications icon) , it only sows no installed files ! So does that mean the app still hasnt downloaded and will start eating money again ? So much for the talking tom Angry_Face

gwhispererz
Champion

Sorry to hear that, have a look at 'My apps' in the Market app, it should be there if you have installed that app. Another way is to sign-in to Android Market website, click 'My Market Account, see whether it's there. Winking_Face

A question for you, why didn't you download apps using your Wi-Fi network (which is free)?

Not applicable

Since my balance is -25,cant access the market now...But i will top up and check that out soon,hope i can find it Slightly_smiling_Face

Plus..i do not have any wi-fi network to which i can connect my mobile ! I have not enabled wi-fi in my PC modem..thats y !

gwhispererz
Champion

Oh .... If you do not have a home Wi-Fi network, you can't update your phone - you need to be connected! That must be the reason why you can't update!

Not applicable

What ? I dont get you now...i have always used my PC modem without wi-fi and have had no problems when transferring files from and to my phone to the PC ! Then why cant i do the same now? Why would i need wi-fi on my modem ? Face_with_open_Mouth People here rarely use wi-fi for their modems !

gwhispererz
Champion

Ok. You can do the update with PC CONNECTED to modem. Sorry that I have  confused you :smileysilly:, probably I am too used to Wi-Fi.

Just for info, transferring of files to and from PC does not require a modem, just USB cable will do.

I hope I didn't confuse you any further. Dizzy_Face

Not applicable

Lol,now i got confused too and started blabbering about transfer of files ! Never mind

gwhispererz
Champion

Haha .... sorry, my fault, it's me who started it. Dizzy_Face

Anyway, back to your update, you can still do the update with PC connected to modem (as long as you are connected). Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Tried that ! With the update service as you asked me to ! First step,i chose my model ! Next step,it asks me to switch off and connect USB cable while pressing the back key ! i do that and the phone only keeps charging and nothing happens ! Same step remains and am not able to move over to the "update" step 😕 Guess i better go and speak to the SE service guyz !

gwhispererz
Champion

If I remember correctly, you can 'pull' down the notification bar for some selections. But I don't think that is a step for an update. No harm having a look anyway. Actually, an update is quite straight forward, just follow the on-screen instructions!

Sorry that I didn't help you much. I bet SE Service Centre can definitely offer their help. Slightly_smiling_Face