Join now - be part of our community!

Android 2.1v and Cancelling download !

SOLVED
Not applicable

Android 2.1v and Cancelling download !

Hey guys ! I have got 2 problems and i would be extremely glad if someone could help me out with this !

First,

I tried to download the application talking tom seeing that it was free ! But i forgot one thing...that i hadnt put on any net pack for the phone. So the phone automatically got connected to net and downloaded about 40% and this cost me a  lot ( About 150 rs so far 😕 ) How do i stop/cancel an ongoing download of an app? Currently,i switched off data traffic ! But still,i will need to use the net soon and so have to switch it on ! Can someone please help me on how i can cancel the download of the app? Help needed ASAP,thanks in advance !

Secondly,my phone still has an android 1.6v and i have already installed PC companion and update service on my PC.Now how do i update to 2.1? It asks me to switch off the phone,wait,press back key and then connect the USB cord while still pressing the back key !But nothing happens,the phone only keeps charging...:(  Someone please help me outta my problems soon !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwhispererz
Champion

Hi Ashwin412, try clearing cache form Market app. Goto Settings>Applications>Manage applications>Market>Clear cache. Let me know whether this works before I go to your second question. Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
gwhispererz
Champion

Hi Ashwin412, try clearing cache form Market app. Goto Settings>Applications>Manage applications>Market>Clear cache. Let me know whether this works before I go to your second question. Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

I guess it works ! I can no longer see ongoing download in the notifications bar ! :smileygrin: :smileygrin: But you know,sometimes,it doesnt show the download in notification bar and starts off suddenly ! But i guess it may not do so this time Slightly_smiling_Face Slightly_smiling_Face Thanks a lot ! Now,if you could please answer the next question too,i would be happier !

gwhispererz
Champion

Great! one down one more to go! Winking_Face

Not sure exactly what went wrong with your update. However, SE Update Service is an alternative for software repair and update, download it from here.

According to most users, this is a better choice. Slightly_smiling_Face

Keep us updated on your progress.

Not applicable

I already have that downloaded but when i connect the phone to it,PC companion opens up 😕

gwhispererz
Champion

Can't you close PC Companion? Tell you what, uninstall PC Companion (for this update). Winking_Face

Not applicable

Uninstalling Slightly_smiling_Face And hey,the main prob which i face is the part where i switch off the phone,keep pressing the back key and connect the USB cord ! My phone just starts charging and doesnt go the next "Update" step ! What is actually supposed to happen ? Face_with_open_Mouth

gwhispererz
Champion

Sorry, I have no idea :smileyconfused:. Let's see whether SE Update Service does the same? Hopefully NOT!

Not applicable

Thats ok mate Slightly_frowning_Face Btw the talking tom application still downloading now Slightly_frowning_Face 41 % done 😕 Clear cache doesnt seem to have worked ! Should i click on uninstall updates then ? coz i dont think i have done anything to my phone apart frrom this damn talking tom!

gwhispererz
Champion

Not sure about that, you can try. Slightly_frowning_Face