Join now - be part of our community!

Sony RDR/HXD1095 DVD recorder won't retune

profile.country.en_GB.title
bobper
Visitor

Sony RDR/HXD1095 DVD recorder won't retune

I have a Sony KDL-32W5500 television and a Sony RDR/HXD1095 DVD recorder.

I live in the Meridian area and receive the TV signal from the Midhurst transmitter in West Sussex. This transmitter recently completed the digital changeover.

I have successfully re-scanned for the TV and now have quite a number of digital channels. However I cannot get any channel at all when I scan for the recorder.

My hook up between the roof-top aerial and TV is via the 'Digital Aerial IN' and the 'Digital Aerial OUT' on the recorder. The TV and recorder are also connected via an HDMI cord. I can play DVDs and watch TV programmes perfectly well with this set up.

I have tried the initial 'Easy Set Up' and auto scan several times without success. I get the following message: 'No channels found. Please check aerial connection. Do you want to retry? Yes No'

I have also tried 'Download from TV' and get the following message: 'cannot download pre set channels: could not communicate successfully with TV'.

I have tried resetting the recorder to its factory settings and then following the initial set up procedure without success.

I have checked the firmware version. This is version 1.24 and according to the Sony website this is the latest version.

Please can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thanks,

Bob

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The situation you are describing is very strange. Let me have some more information and I'll try to help you out (I ask your pardon in advance if some of them may seem silly):

• you are getting the aerial into recorder digital-in then out from digital out to the tv? if this is true, you cannot have problem with the signal since it is passing through the recorder and still working
  • you said you have the digital switch over completely now: did you receive any digital channel before? You should
  • are you sure you are looking at digital setup and you set the DTV line input? you have always two tuners that need to be setup and identified separately (in the Easy setup you may choose to skip the analogue channel setup)

If you did everything right, you may just try to reset the recorder unplugging it from power for 1 minute before restarting the easy setup procedure.

In any case your fw is ok and it is normal that you cannot download the channels setting from tv via HDMI; you should use a scart connection and if i remember well it works only for analogue channels