Join now - be part of our community!

lack of memory space

SOLVED
lynxeffect
Explorer

lack of memory space

I have a Xperia m2 and it keeps giving me a message saying internal memory nearly full. transfer data to sd card. i transfer what data it will let me which is usually 2apps. I have a 16gb memory card installed and it says there is 14gb spare but i cant transfer anymore data over to the card. What seems to be the problem ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi linxeffect,

This forum doesn't cover mobile devices. I suggest you ask your question on the Sony Xperia Support Forum.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi laslolikvidator,

i'm pretty sure that the apps do not install on the SD card but on your Xperia internal storage, that's possibly why you are having the problem..

However Xperia, like PlayStation, have there own dedicated community so could I suggest you post your questions there as you are more likely to get more accurate replies to your questions on the dedicated Xperia support forum..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi linxeffect,

This forum doesn't cover mobile devices. I suggest you ask your question on the Sony Xperia Support Forum.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
lynxeffect
Explorer

fat lot of good a forum is then !!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You were pointed in the right direction in order to best get your question answered.  You do not need to be rude.  Manners and courtesy goes along way.

laslolikvidator
Explorer

I have the same problem too! It says I have about a gigabyte left on my SD card, but when I try to download an app it says no storage space left. I can't seem to find the solution.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi laslolikvidator,

i'm pretty sure that the apps do not install on the SD card but on your Xperia internal storage, that's possibly why you are having the problem..

However Xperia, like PlayStation, have there own dedicated community so could I suggest you post your questions there as you are more likely to get more accurate replies to your questions on the dedicated Xperia support forum..

laslolikvidator
Explorer

I didn't mention my internal storage isn't completely full neither,

so I don't know what is the cause, but I won't go in depth here.

Thanks for your help anyway.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I understand that you didn't mention your internal storage but my suggestion was a possible cause as to why your are getting an error..

Like I said above best bet is to ask on the official Xperia Support forum..

If you get an answer please feel free to post back as it would useful to others users who have a similar problem..