Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX9V

profile.country.el_GR.title
Vagosman
Visitor

DSC-HX9V

Hello Sony,

Just got this great product (despite the bad grip) but I think there is a need for a firmware update. Although this piece of hardware is uber smart to distinguish between different photo modes, is not that smart to have an auto function for lcd illumination?

I would like to have the maximum backlight when I go outside but I would like to save battery when indoors. In my opinion this can be easily done by calculating the ambient light from the lens. I have 5 manual settings but I would mostly appreciate an auto function. My old Casio had 2 auto functions.

Please advice if possible since I dont know of any other Cybershots that have this kind of function.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

I am sure it’s 'technically' possible, although I am not in a position to confirm if it will happen or not.  That being said, I am more than happy to forward your enquiry/request onto the Digital Imaging team who are always very grateful for any and all feedback like this.

Thanks

Lee

GoNz0-
Explorer

I did expect this as well for the spec of camera, would be nice if they could hack it into the firmware as it does not have a sensor on the screen like my A55

badgerme
Visitor

Perhaps something could be incorporated into the 'DISP' position of the control wheel?

Perhaps hold down 'DISP' for an additional menu to select display brightness - AUTO-1-2-3-4-5

profile.country.es_ES.title
totos1234
Visitor

Sony DSC-HX9V must receive a firmware update...

1) JPEG compression is very hard and results in a very disapointed images. Sony, please, add an option to try no-jpeg compression, low-jpeg compression, medium-jpeg compression and hard-jpeg compression(like now)

2) and please, desactive in the AUTO mode (green option in camera wheel) the Noise Reduction (NR) to take more sharp images (no more painted-like photos, please!)

Thanks in advance for considerate my opinion.

Totos.