Join now - be part of our community!

Deleting multiple images from DSC-W55

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
athena12
Visitor

Deleting multiple images from DSC-W55

I am not a frequent user of my Cybershot DSC-W55 which I've had for several years.

Historically have been able to delete images at the time of uploading to my computer (I was using Picasa);  I was given the choice to delete all images from my camera.  Suddenly, although selecting this option as before, the images were left on the camera.

I now have a new computer and am no longer using Picasa - and still find that the images are left on my camera when I upload to the p.c. 

I have 166 images on my camera and don't see the fun of deleting these one at a time.

I have searched the camera manual which gives direction only for single deletion;  The Sony forums do not seem to have covered this problem.

I have atempted to email Sony with this query but when I enter my details on the email form, I am told I do not exist, although I am logged in under my user name and passord and able to access this forum.  I have to say I don't think much of Sony for 'locking me out' from their expert advice in this way.:smileysad:

I wonder if anyone 'out there' can help me with my problem - as a greenhorn, I shall be enternally grateful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi athena12 and welcome.

You can clear all the images from your Internal Memory and from your Memory Card by using FORMAT.

Turn on the camera and press MENU to display the menu.

Choose SETUP (looks like a tool chest)

Select MEMORY STICK TOOL -> FORMAT

Select INTERNAL MEMORY TOOL -> FORMAT

This will clear all the images held in the camera.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi athena12 and welcome.

You can clear all the images from your Internal Memory and from your Memory Card by using FORMAT.

Turn on the camera and press MENU to display the menu.

Choose SETUP (looks like a tool chest)

Select MEMORY STICK TOOL -> FORMAT

Select INTERNAL MEMORY TOOL -> FORMAT

This will clear all the images held in the camera.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
athena12
Visitor

Brilliant Blencogo, thank you so much - it worked, although I have to say I couldn't find the 'Internal Memory Tool' option, only the Memory Tool, but it's done the trick and perhaps the alternative is for other models.

I don't know why this procedure isn't covered in the manual - only single deletion is offered there. 

I'm also at a loss to understand why, after several years of being able to select deletion of everything on the camera at the point of exporting to the p.c., I was suddenly unable to do so - with no explanation available anywhere.  Very curious and has been really frustrating for several months.

All that being said, I am so grateful to you for your expertise.:smileycool: