Join now - be part of our community!

ZD9 DISPLAY SETTINGS

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

ZD9 DISPLAY SETTINGS

just bought my ZD9 and wanted to change display setting to full pixel etc, as I did on my 8509c.

but when I  pressed HOME- DISPLAY on the remote, the menu showed Display- app, and all settings were greyed out. TV is connected via ARC to STR DN1080 receiver and sky q silver with resolution set to 1080i. Is this normal that I cannot change display settings on this tv?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

Gremlins are out tonight! changed sky box picture setting to 1080p, then went back into tv menu to see if i could change display- screen settings, and i could. Changed sky picture settings back to 1080i, back into tv menu, and still could change screen settings!. Strange. Only problem now is str 1080 audio keeps switching to multi stereo, only work around is to turn off control for hdmi in the amp settings. Great these Sony's!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

Gremlins are out tonight! changed sky box picture setting to 1080p, then went back into tv menu to see if i could change display- screen settings, and i could. Changed sky picture settings back to 1080i, back into tv menu, and still could change screen settings!. Strange. Only problem now is str 1080 audio keeps switching to multi stereo, only work around is to turn off control for hdmi in the amp settings. Great these Sony's!!

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

May I ask why you are setting it as 1080i? You can't get 4k if it is set that way?

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

Sky broadcast in 1080i, unless you watch their 4k content, then i change setting to 2160 as sky q silver does not have an auto mode for picture resolution. So i use sky's native resolution and let the Z do the upscailling