Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware Update v3.317(PKG3.317EUB) solved what?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Firmware Update v3.317(PKG3.317EUB) solved what?

1. Channel edititing SLOW MOTION(not quick responding) Not Solved. Especially for Satellite Channels. Very slow on every action and occasionally "throws you out" of Channel Editing Procedure.

2. Renaming-editing--locking-skipping-making Favorite lists in Channel Editing Menu Not Solved (not added).

3. Sorting-Editing does not move all channels downwards as before, but simply REVERSES(SWAPS) channels places.

4. Favorites Lists can Only be created through Guide Screen Action Menu, but I cannot find a way to go straight to Favorite List created or leave one continously active or select at least from Home Screen. There is also NO FAVORITES BUTTON on Remote Control.

5. If I go into the Satellite channels first following start up(or reboot), the channels have a black screen and an antenna issue is reported as the fault. If I go out into Digital and return to Satellite the channels are then fine. Same thing happens the first time I search for Satellite Channels. Search returns No Services Found. If I go out into Digital and then try to rescan for Satellite Channels then the Search responds and finds all channels. Not Solved. Reported also from Davidryan34 here: https://community.sony.gr/t5/televisions/bravia-android-tv-why-is-programme-list-transfer-greyed-out...

Adding new:

6. After reseting(delete) Satellites and of course sat channels, going back to TV without doing a Sat Search gives an error of "No signal detected" for all DVB-T channels. Had to Reboot and signal was OK again. Reproduced same problem twice.

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Factory reset not reboot or power reset? The one that erase all your settings? In this case I don't really know what else you can do but it's really strange... this fw is working really well. Maybe you have a faulty set
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Did you perform a WEB Update or a USB Update?

I don't know if "a lost" download packet, either on WEB or USB Update, can cause errors in installation.

They(Sony) also say that you cannot go back to previous Firmware possibly not on same, but I believe experiensed users inside this forum can help you reinstall.

The reason for saying about packets, if this is not a Sony omission, is that in Firmware download page, file size is reported:

1,287,482,842 bytes

while mine was:

1.293.052.429 bytes as .zip file NOT .pkg file and 1.293.053.952 bytes on disk.

silverrs8
Explorer

Did it via the web. Tried the USB method but says the firmware is already up to date. Tried a repair procedure but that also didn't do anything. Very disappointing.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Did you try this ?

https://community.sony.gr/t5/televisions/sony-bravia-android-2015-firmware-rollback-procedure/m-p/20...

Tarzion says it is a Sony suggestion.

Do not use his link.

It is wise to ask Sony if same v3.317 can be used or another that they will give you as link.

silverrs8
Explorer

First of all thank you for all your responses. Really appreciated.

Upon inserting the USB drive into the TV it is recognized but nothing happens after the power cord action. The TV will start as it normally does. No red light or special procedure. Any ideas on this?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

As you can see, Tarzion gives a link of Recovery Software (ITC3_RECV_STEU1). I don't know what could be the difference between Recovery and Firmware.

The easiest way in my opinion is to call Sony for a link of Recovery Software for your TV model and region.

Did you try the 3 times unplug during startup? I don't know if it "gives you" a Menu:

https://community.sony.gr/t5/televisions/w755c-android-tv-dead-after-factory-reset/td-p/2111112

Also Quinnicus may be able to give you instructions to bypass

silverrs8
Explorer

The recovery software is only 130MB while the firmware is 1,2GB. Maybe it does a revert to the firmware that was installed at the factory as it is advised after executing the recovery procedure to update the firmware to the latest version. Sadly the recovery procedure does not work. Phone support is only provided on working days until 18:00. Apparently Sony assumes that everyone is able to watch TV during the day. By the time I get home from work their support desk is closed.

I've reported the issue by form on the support site. Until now I've only been asked for the model number and serial number.

Now this is really my first Sony device ever (apart from a Playstation). Would I enthousiast others to buy a Sony Android television? Not after the issues I've had with this TV. Picture quality is stunning but user experience goes down the drain by too many issues aside. Support is also not up to par. At least provide people the means to revert to a working setting them selfs. Now I'm depending on a slow support proces and have to tell the rest of the family they can't watch TV for days (maybe weeks?) because daddy updated the firmware to ' improve'  things.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Unfortunately all you say are right. Especially the problem with family is very serious. The cost was almost 30% higher than same class other good brandt TV set. Me too hoped that buying a SONY should be trouble free. Great mistake. Hundreds of people in this forum, thousands of people in German, French or US forums complaining. I don't know why they don't hire expert programmers to fix the Android OS. They promise and add new features but they do not fix serious problems. The first thing they believe by reading an issue, if they do so, is a user mistake or a bad treatment. This is impossible for all people who pay so much to buy their product.

Another possibility is all problems rise from hardware problems. Bad production lines, bad new processors, bad mainboard projects, bad LCD's or bad power supplies. Lowering the cost results is such disastrus situations.

I hope we are not all victims of such a case because that kind of problems cannot be solved with software patches.

silverrs8
Explorer

The companies that have a customer focus you see flourish. Companies that don't have difficulties or could do a lot better. Do the math....if I'd have a good user experience I probably can convince some friends to get one and then they will promote it also. Now this possible chain of purchases won't happen. Take this further on a global scale it will have impact on a company level.

I can complain what I want but this doesn't solve my problem which I hope will be sone but for me if an update is available and my TV will actually work, no more updates for me!! That is not with my gained knowledge of the software quality assurance at Sony. My trust is gone and trust must be build up again. Don't have a clue how this can be accomplished here.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor