Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware Update v3.317(PKG3.317EUB) solved what?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Firmware Update v3.317(PKG3.317EUB) solved what?

1. Channel edititing SLOW MOTION(not quick responding) Not Solved. Especially for Satellite Channels. Very slow on every action and occasionally "throws you out" of Channel Editing Procedure.

2. Renaming-editing--locking-skipping-making Favorite lists in Channel Editing Menu Not Solved (not added).

3. Sorting-Editing does not move all channels downwards as before, but simply REVERSES(SWAPS) channels places.

4. Favorites Lists can Only be created through Guide Screen Action Menu, but I cannot find a way to go straight to Favorite List created or leave one continously active or select at least from Home Screen. There is also NO FAVORITES BUTTON on Remote Control.

5. If I go into the Satellite channels first following start up(or reboot), the channels have a black screen and an antenna issue is reported as the fault. If I go out into Digital and return to Satellite the channels are then fine. Same thing happens the first time I search for Satellite Channels. Search returns No Services Found. If I go out into Digital and then try to rescan for Satellite Channels then the Search responds and finds all channels. Not Solved. Reported also from Davidryan34 here: https://community.sony.gr/t5/televisions/bravia-android-tv-why-is-programme-list-transfer-greyed-out...

Adding new:

6. After reseting(delete) Satellites and of course sat channels, going back to TV without doing a Sat Search gives an error of "No signal detected" for all DVB-T channels. Had to Reboot and signal was OK again. Reproduced same problem twice.

30 REPLIES 30
silverrs8
Explorer

Thank you very much for this info. Will try. In the mean time Sony has just announced that the latest update causes problems for dutch Ziggo customers (milions of people) and that they are working on a solution.

At least it has got attention I suppose....

chrgray

http://www.sony.ie/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/android-tv-features-update-19-FEB-EU/KD-65X850...

So, for those of us who's TV had updated with the new firmware, can Sony tell us what impact these problems will have on our TV? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi chrgray

Am i assuming that you are referring to the Netherlands issue?  If so, there is no impact to other countries. As all EU countries (except UK) use the same firmware, the issue is isolated to an issue with the ci module and Ziggo tv operator in the Netherlands.  So unless this is you, you will not be effected.

Cheers

chrgray

So it's only an issue in Netherlands?  I wonder why Sony sent a notification to me, even though I'm registered for updates relevant to Ireland?  Perhaps Sony should have made it clear that this doesn't affect Irish customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only the Netherlands.  But the over-the-air update has to be switched off for all countries.  So download via usb instead.

Unknown why you got an email.  Lucky?  :slight_smile:  but i understand your confusion.

silverrs8
Explorer

If it's only the Netherlands then why take the update offline globally? Makes you think the problem is bigger....or at least they have no idea yet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not globally.  Just EU Servers.  I dont know the setup of Sonys servers/networks for fw updates, but imagine that its a central farm for all EU countries of which they cannot isolate.  :thinking:

chrgray

• Unknown why you got an email. Lucky? smile happy but i understand your confusion.

It was a notification pop up from the Sony Support iPad app.  A bit alarmist, but reassured that it only affects Netherlands TVs.

Perhaps the popup alert could have said something like "users in countries other than the Netherlands need have no concern, as this problem has no impact on their TV".

fivonbl
Explorer

I have the same problem with the size of the file.

If the size is equal to what Sony states what next? Will the update not work?

it is not stated in the update procedure.

Does anyone know?

fivonbl
Explorer

To my comment earlier today.

It should of course be:

If the size is NOT equal to what Sony states what next? Will the update not work?

Regarding the comment from MiCa1967:

The reason for saying about packets, if this is not a Sony omission, is that in Firmware download page, file size is reported:

1,287,482,842 bytes

while mine was:

1.293.052.429 bytes as .zip file NOT .pkg file and 1.293.053.952 bytes on disk.