Join now - be part of our community!

A35 stuck in autofocus with SAL35F18

profile.country.en_GB.title
TheStig3566
Visitor

A35 stuck in autofocus with SAL35F18

I've recently bought the SAL35F18 for my Alpha A35 but have found that when in manual shooting mode the camera still trys to autofocus. I press the shutter button and you can hear the AF motor whirring even though it is not operating the lens. Both the switches on the lens and body are on MF but it still won't get out of AF mode. I can still manual focus but it won't take the picture unless the Autofocus believes the shot is in focus. Also I don't get this problem with any other lens i've tried on the body. Is this a problem with the body, the lens or is it a quick fix? Any help would be appiricated : )

Message was edited by: TheStig3566

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello TheStig3566 :slight_smile:

As you have already been able to use other lenses correctly, would it be possible to try the lens on another Sony SLR/SLT camera? If you are able to manually focus the lens on another body, at least this would allow you to pinpoint the problem. Most camera shops are usually happy to allow customers to try their own lenses on a camera body (if you do not know anyone else with a Sony camera).

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
mikeyp2000

It's a bit of a long shot but it might be worth giving the gold contacts on the lens a bit of a clean...