Join now - be part of our community!

Z4 tablet Issue connect to ms display adapter (miracast)

SOLVED
Buji
Visitor

Z4 tablet Issue connect to ms display adapter (miracast)

I encountered an issue with connecting my z4 tablet to the Microsoft wireless display adapter (which is maracast certified). 

I went through the settings>>Xperia connectivity >>screen mirroring, and successfully find the ms wireless display device. But after connecting to the adapter,  the second screen (in this case my TV)  simply shows nothing, though the tablet shows that the connection works. 

I looked up this issue in the forum and apparently there are similar issues with older devices, while the problem is never solved. Is this truely a compatibility problem with the ms display adapter, or a hardware issue with the Sony maracast support, or software issue with the maracast configuration?  It would be really great if it can be solved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Buji
Visitor

thanks for the reply. The issue was solved by updating the firmware of ms display adapter.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Buji

What you describe seems more of a display adapter than anything else

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz4tablet/userguide/Mirroring-the-screen-of-your-device...

Buji
Visitor

thanks for the reply. The issue was solved by updating the firmware of ms display adapter.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Buji

Anytime