Join now - be part of our community!

Play Store only in 'work' mode

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
babydinosaur
Explorer

Play Store only in 'work' mode

I've just signed into my Z4 for the first time, but when I go to the Play Store it says that it's 'Play Store | Work', and there are no apps in the Home page - it just says 'no results found'.

I've tried wiping the tablet, and resetting the data and cache for the Play Store app, but this hasn't worked.

I have a Google Apps for your Domain account, so I suspect that that might be the reason, but this is the first time I've encountered this on all my Android devices.

Any help is appreciated!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
babydinosaur
Explorer

I found a solution. Reset the tablet and run through the set up process but do NOT associate your Google Apps for your Domain email address with it (you don't have to give a Gmail account at that point). Complete the set up process. Then when it's up and running, run the App Store and it'll prompt you to add you're Gmail account then. Do so - add your Google account. That solved the problem for me - I get the normal Google App Store now.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@BDino

That's rather odd, what if you uninstall the latest playstore update? also, does this happen while using data or WiFi? if the later, could you test with another WiFi/hotspot?

profile.country.GB.title
babydinosaur
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestions. I've removed the updates to Play Store, but that hasn't made any difference. Nor, unfortunately, did trying it out on a WiFi hotshot.

Rickard
Master

Android for Work is a service provided by Google. Based on your work profile, access to applications on Google Play for Work may be limited and your company’s IT department normally defines which applications can be downloaded to your device. For more information you need to contact your companys IT-department.

You can find more information about Android for Work on these links:

https://www.google.com/work/android/

https://support.google.com/work/android/#topic=6151012

https://www.google.com/work/android/features/applications.html

profile.country.GB.title
thejudge
Explorer

I have the same problem. I first noticed it a few days ago.  It seems to have been triggered by the update to the play store. The device is my own and I have not connected it to a work profile. I have tried restarting the device but no luck.  I really don't want to reset everything unless I know it will fix it.

Can anyone confirm how to resolve the problem?

profile.country.GB.title
babydinosaur
Explorer

I found a solution. Reset the tablet and run through the set up process but do NOT associate your Google Apps for your Domain email address with it (you don't have to give a Gmail account at that point). Complete the set up process. Then when it's up and running, run the App Store and it'll prompt you to add you're Gmail account then. Do so - add your Google account. That solved the problem for me - I get the normal Google App Store now.
Craig4
Visitor

I don't think it's a Google problem.

I have no work account.

My Xperia Z tab is fine

My Samsung phone is fine.

All use the same Google profile.

Only tablet Z4 has this "work" app store going on.

If I uninstall updates it goes back to normal for one use, and even if I turn off auto-updates, it goes back to "work app" store the next time I open the Playstore, until I uninstall updates again.

Very frustrating.