Join now - be part of our community!

Windows sidebar

profile.country.en_GB.title
markj1993
Visitor

Windows sidebar

Hi everyone,

I know this is only a little problem but when i try to open windows sidebar it says 'Windows sidebar is controlled by your system administrator. I have checked the 'users' icon and i am the only user and 'administrator'. As far as i know this should allow me to open it. :thinking:
I also have google desktop with sidebar preinstalled, i don't know whether this could affect it. hmmmm...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mark,

:smileytalk_to_the_hand: Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly, these problems might require that you reinstall your operating system.

To back up your registry follow the guide on the web site using the following link: Vista: Backup or Restore the Registry

Press the windows key+R to open the Run box then type Regedit.

Registry Editor starts.

In Registry Editor, expand My Computer, and then expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Expand SOFTWARE, then expand Microsoft and then expand Windows

Expand CurrentVersion, and then expand Policies

Finally expand Windows then click on Sidebar

Right-click on turnoffsidebar and change 1 to 0.

Exit Registry Editor

Restart your Vaio

markj1993
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus it worked :slight_smile:

Now all i need to do is figure out how to change the size of the gadgets so i can i ctualy see them :slight_frown:

When i had it working before i did factory default it allowed me to change the size of the sidebar and gadgets but now it doesnt. :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

When i had it working before i did factory default it allowed me to change the size of the sidebar 

I didn't think that was possible without additional software.. :thinking:

markj1993
Visitor

:smileythinking: probably had something else downloaded then as it had beeen tampered with when i bought it :slight_frown:

Thanks for replying :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile: