Join now - be part of our community!

CD Drive not ejecting

luckysprite
Visitor

CD Drive not ejecting

Totally non techy... but the CD drive is not ejecting on my notebook. It is empty (no CD in there) so I was wondering if there is a way that I can force it to open by a combination of keys or something??

:slight_smile:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
markj1993
Visitor

Before you attempt this, check there is not a little button on the actual disk drive. Thats where i found mine when it wasn't working before i fixed the buttons through factory default :slight_smile:

luckysprite
Visitor

yeah the button is there and usually works - but for some reason isn't now - if I restore defaults ho much will it effect??...

I know I can save and restore if necessary but that is a proper bollox...

Is a restore the only way??

micdonal
Visitor

Go into Computer then right-click on your CD drive and select Eject.

markj1993
Visitor

Yeah thats an easier way because factory default sets it to only what was preinstalled with no updates or bought software. If you really want them to work then any downloaded software or games can be redownloaded using the same code as it is the same computer :slight_smile:

I wouldn't recommend it if you have loads of saved files because you will end up losing something :wink:

If what quackers says works this may also reboot the button into working. If not i would still stick with this option.