Join now - be part of our community!

T2XP - Instructions on how to disassemble the case to get at HD

mcbridd
Visitor

T2XP - Instructions on how to disassemble the case to get at HD

All,

Could someone point me to a resource on how to take a T2XP apart. I removed all the screws from the bottom of it, but it does not want to come apart. I would like to try and check the seating for the hard disk to see if it has become dislodged or if it has a loose connection with the motherboard.

Thanks in advance,
Darren

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Darren,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

I have sent you a Private Message, use the following link to View your messages: Private Messages

mcbridd
Visitor

Thalamus,

Thanks for taking the time to assist. As nervous as I was taking this fragile little machine apart, I have managed to locate and disconnect the HD interface (removed it entirely) and now the PC boots every time (albeit with an OS not found error). This has now confirmed what I hoped it would in my other active post - that the HD is faulty and replacing it will fix my problems.

I even think I have sourced the part in the UK (although if any knows the best place to get VAIO parts, let me know).

One final question for the forum - the old MK6006GAH disk in my PC is a 60gb Toshiba with a standard 40-pin interface. Some of the more readily available drives from Toshiba are bigger but have ZIF/LIF interfaces. Is there any newer drive available with 40-pin interfaces, or is there a connector I can get to replace that used in my T2XP that will connect with a ZIF interface ?

Kind regards and many thanks again,
Darren

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Darren

I thought your MK6006GAH was an 8mm thick HDD with ATA 50-pin connection.. :thinking:

If you want a larger HD then there are other ATA 50-pin drives available with a slightly higher capacity. The MK8007GAH looks like a possibility if you can find one, although this drive uses more power and will therefore reduce your battery life..

You may be able to find very compact 50-pin to ZIF adaptor but the problem would be getting it to fit in to your T series.. :slight_frown:

ALLYTUBE
Visitor

ANY CHANCE OF SENDING ME DETAILS OF HOW TO GET TO THE HARD DRIVE ON A T2XP - I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFULL

THANKS