Join now - be part of our community!

Where to register an extended warranty?

profile.country.en_GB.title
micchalk6
Visitor

Where to register an extended warranty?

Hi all,

I bought my Vaio a couple of weeks ago, and have just picked up the extended warranty. I've registered with Club Vaio (obviously!) and am trying to work out if this is where I register my extended warranty as well?

If not, can someone point me in the right direction? The instructions point me to what appears to be an out-of-date webpage, so they're not much use :slight_frown:

Thanks in advance,
Majick

4 REPLIES 4
markj1993
Visitor

Hi Majick,

Is your extended warreny with Sony, and what page have you been directed to?

Mark.

micchalk6
Visitor

Hi. It's the warranty pack you can buy from a Sony shop.

I'm told to go to sony.co.uk/vaioprofessional, and create an account by clicking Services & Support, and then Product Registration.

Well, I go to the link, click on Support to open up a drop down window, then on Services & Support, but there isn't a link to register a product (nor a direct link to Services & Support, as stated in the warranty booklet)

micchalk6
Visitor

I've just gone through the registration process again, and I see there's a note at the end saying that I'll be e-mailed a link to register my warranty on the e-support page. Well, no e-mail, and having done a search on Google for the e-support page, it seems to be closed.

Any ideas? I have a year (minus three weeks) to register the warranty, but I can't even seem to find a phone number to call, so I'm at a bit of a loss having paid so much for the warranty on top of the laptop...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Majick and welcome.

It is my recollection thet the e-support site was remaining open for the sole purpose of registering extended warranties.

Have a look through this thread by Thalamus: -

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=58702

If you can't get registered, the phone Sony Support for guidance.

:wink: