Join now - be part of our community!

NR38E - Reset to Vaio original (vista) spec

alexjaq
Visitor

NR38E - Reset to Vaio original (vista) spec

Can anyone help. i have a newish Vaio Nr38E laptop, i started to get loads of problems with it particularly with a 3 mobile band broadband dongle the viao helpline recommended we remap the hard drive. i have a friend who has done this and installed a trial version of vista business (it came with vista home), but what i really want to do is reinstall all of the original software so it is back 'as new'.

any tips?

thanks in advance....

4 REPLIES 4
nio_7
Visitor

Hi!

It would be helpful if you mentioned some of these problems that you have.

I hope that at least you are able to boot to your Operating System.

The first thing you can try is the useful "System Restore" of Windows Vista.
You can find it under Start menu > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Start it and select a former date (that you think your system was in a good condition) to restore your laptop to.

If this doesn't work for you, you must use the backup preparation utility, (if there is one) that allows you to create backup dvds so that you can restore your laptop to "factory defaults" state.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

what i really want to do is reinstall all of the original software so it is back 'as new'.

Hi alexjaq,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

You're Vaio has a hidden HDD recovery partition so as long as it has not been deleted you should be able to recover your Vaio back to the original installed OS and programs just as it was when you first used your Vaio.

To do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press F10 repeatedly this normally would start the recovery process..

I have attached Sony's guide below should you need it..

alexjaq
Visitor

Thanks for the advise guys, i'll give that a try and let you know how i get on...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :four_leaf_clover: