Join now - be part of our community!

A few issues after reinstallation

Mescalino
Visitor

A few issues after reinstallation

Ok i have a VAIO VGN-FS515B

I recently bought a new much faster HDD drive and installed it.
Opend my disc drive and interted my recovery DVD... Now show it just wont read the DVD. I enterd it in my desktop and it reads just fine there. I copied it to a new DVD still no show. 😞
I then downloaded XP Home from the internet with all teh updates etc integrated installed it and used the key on the bottom of my laptop. That worked fine. I installed drivers and a virus scanner etc and activated windows.
I changed the language setting to UK on my keyboard and now most keys work as they are(@ being on teh right place etc.)
My device manager says i installed a standard ps/2 keyboard (with 101/102 keys) but i have a 87keys keyboard. The blue FN key is not working and i cant find a driver or anything to get the *** thing working.

As for the DVD player i think it might be broken or something not sure. (worse case i buy a new one)
But i would realy have the keyboard issue solved. :thinking:

EDIT: Uhm to prevent confusion the DVD drive issues where there prior to the reinstall.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mescalino,

download the Original Utilities Package from Vaio-Link, using the following link: Sony Vaio Support Original Utilities Package

Once downloaded extract the files and then install the following, in order.

1 Sony Utilities
2 Sony Shared Library
3 Vaio Event Service

Once completed then re-boot your Vaio.

You may have to do this more than once..:smileywink:

Mescalino
Visitor

Thank you will do at once.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. I'm guessing the solution must have solved your FN key problem..