Join now - be part of our community!

RT1SU Problem !

tangovictor
Visitor

RT1SU Problem !

I thought I would share tale of woe with you, A brand new RT1SU arrived begining of the week, purchased from Dabs, unpacking I was very pleased, fired up no problems, I even read the enclosed docs, allbeit scant ! There was reference to Recovery disks to be made, before anything else, I placed a Sony DVD - into the slot, and after 26% it failed, did another same thing, called Sony tech in Eire, who suggested a full diagnostic check, which I did, taking 6 hours, no defects found, another DVD -, 26% failed, another call, suggested writing something different, to check DVD writing, carried out fine, then try retoring to factory standard ! on a brand new pc, which I did, placed another DVD - into slot, failed at 26% again, Otherwise the pc worked great, Sony Tech suggested sending me the recovery disks, I declined, stating there must be a problem, that the pc won't write its own disk ! A call to Dabs, Great people, would you like a refund or replacement ? I opted for a refund, and cancelled the order I had with them for a Sony laptop for my wife, what a shame, nice machine, but, I could see an internal problem occuring, when out of guarentee, I very much doubt I will buy Sony again, I await a reply from C S in Belgium, and replacement for the 7 dvd - 's I wasted.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the forum,
Yeah we all have had hardships with vaio and sometimes you get a lemon optical drive. Its great kit and replacing the optical drive was off putting straight off the mark ..day one.

tangovictor
Visitor

Welcome to the forum,
Yeah we all have had hardships with vaio and sometimes you get a lemon optical drive. Its great kit and replacing the optical drive was off putting straight off the mark ..day one.

Hi Tony, thanks for replying, I guessed there may have been a problem, when Sony Tech offered to send me the recovery disks ! Is it a common problem ? now I have calmed down a bit, is it worth ordering another RT1SU from Dabs ?