Join now - be part of our community!

HX50 and iPhone 4

SOLVED
tedorwa
New

HX50 and iPhone 4

I have just purchased an HX50 and I use an iPhone 4.

I wanted to send some pictures from the camera to my smartphone.  Having selected the option on the camera, I set up the mini wifi connection between camera and phone. I opened the Play Memories app on my iPhone.  The phone 'connects', 'copying', then -'Error: Could not copy any selected content'. The camera says 'Completed'. 

I have been successful in transferring photos via WiFi to my computer from the camera but need to have the facility 'on the go' to my iPhone. 

Any help would be gratefully received as the whole reason for buying the camera was the WiFi - Smartphone facility.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tedorwa
New

I also wrote to Sony customer services and they replied advising me to take the camera and iPhone back to the start be deleting the network settings on the camera and deleting the apps on the iPhone.  I did this and then I did it again.  

I had tested the mini connection by transferring pictures to my iPad and that worked second time around and eventually I found the pictures in Photo Stream on the iPad.

Eventually, I tried the iPhone again after re-downloading the app and starting a new mini connection and it worked. Phew! I had to give Play Memories access to my photos on the iPhone as apparently it needs this to transfer the pictures to it.

At long last, success.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tedorwa
New

I also wrote to Sony customer services and they replied advising me to take the camera and iPhone back to the start be deleting the network settings on the camera and deleting the apps on the iPhone.  I did this and then I did it again.  

I had tested the mini connection by transferring pictures to my iPad and that worked second time around and eventually I found the pictures in Photo Stream on the iPad.

Eventually, I tried the iPhone again after re-downloading the app and starting a new mini connection and it worked. Phew! I had to give Play Memories access to my photos on the iPhone as apparently it needs this to transfer the pictures to it.

At long last, success.

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tedorwa,
Welcome to the Sony User Community forum..
Glad you have managed to solve your connection issues & thanks for sharing your solution..