Join now - be part of our community!

How do i get videos from my Sony Cyber Shot DSC-HX5V to my macbook?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Sinbadthesailor
Visitor

How do i get videos from my Sony Cyber Shot DSC-HX5V to my macbook?

Hey guys,

So i'm totally new to digital cameras, this is my very first one and i can barely use it at all and need a little help :slight_smile:

I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-HX5V with a 8GB Extreme memory card.

The only software i have on my macbook is PMBPortable, i'm not sure if thats the right software I need, however if i record a video on my camera, the videos don't show up in PMBPortable, only photos i've taken.

Do i need anymore software? if so what?

I've tried just connecting my camera and browsing through the camera & card on Devices but i still can't see the videos there. I know they're on the camera because i can watch them from there.

I just read somewhere that videos would be saved in MPROOT folder but there's none in there, just two folders, 101ANV01 and 102ANV01 however theres no videos in those either.

So, how do i view my videos on my macbook?

And another quick question, my friend deleted some photos of herself as they was pretty bad ones, but i was wondering is there a way i can get them back? Like does the camera have a recycling bin or something?

Thank you very much for your time and i hope you can answer my questions :slight_smile:

Message was edited by: Sinbadthesailor

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Does your Macbook have iMovie installed?  If so, you should use that.

You can transfer AVCHD video using PMB Portable but you cannot play the video without a suitable program.

See the tutorial here: -

http://support.sony-europe.com/tutorials/dime/imovietransfer/imovie.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=DSC&m=DSC-...

There are many 'Undelete for Memory Cards' software offers on Google but I do not know if they are safe or available for Mac.  They will cost money - how important are the deleted photos.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Sinbadthesailor
Visitor

Thanks for the reply, I have ilife '08 somewhere around here, i'll install it and give that a try :smileyhappy:.

Hey,

For me it was allot more simple!

I found that iphoto will put them all together for you so you view your videos and photos in one place.

To do this I loaded up iphoto, connected device, clicked on device once shown on photo in bottom left (folder view bit). (The folder for me was "NO NAME" which there was 2 and was top one for me. See all your photos along with your videos, (you cant watch video's through iphoto), clicked on the videos and extracted them to a folder of my choice, Job Done :slight_smile:

Jamie