Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z5 keeps burning chargers

Marcelaxyz
Visitor

Xperia Z5 keeps burning chargers

I was very happy with my Xperia and its battery life, but at some point the battery started draining super fast. The problems started in January this year approx.

In the beginning it was up to two days which was amazing, and in a current situation hardly half a day.

At some point it started burning chargers. One charger got burned, then I thought it was charger’s fault, I replaced it, then it got broken again, then a new one, and like this 3 chargers got burnt. Looks like there is no end to it.

I went to a service shop and they had a look at the phone, they said that the electricity current was really high and it was really weird and I should send it to Sony. 

I did that, I sent the phone with a BURNT charger. (it is still on teh warranty)

After 2days, they returned the device and the answer that I got was: 

" The cable of the chrger is defective. (...) we advise you to purchase a new charger cable". 

How did not Xperia technician understand the problem description where it was clearly written that the phone burns all the chargers? 

Have someone on this forum experienced this problem before? 

@Xperia Support, I hope that you are reading this and you will take care of repairing this faulty device!

This is really ridicolous, do you have to wait to take seriously battery problems in your phones till they start exploding? 

1 REPLY 1
jackedoff
Visitor

Never the burnt charger problem. Nevertheless I can relate to the technicians not understanding the description of a problem. It's all made up & invented. The problems are easily fixable but money has to be made. There purposely can't be arsed unless there's a price must be commissioned based quota on repairs.