Join now - be part of our community!

100ANDRO folder issue

metallian1981z5
Visitor

100ANDRO folder issue

Hello. I would like to report issue that happened to my photos stored on sd micro card. All photos that i made with m2 are on external storage card.
I had Sony Xperia M2 and few days ago i bought second hand Xperia z5.
So I removed sim and storage card (without backup) to new phone, z5. I turned on phone and after few minutes i got notice that is available system update. I run it and went to work.
Few hours later i wanted to do some photos. I changed path of saving photos from internal to external memory. I snaped photo but it couldn't be saved. Thumbnail of taken photo didn't appear on camera screen, witch is usual when you take photo and it's saved. Than i enter the album app to see if it is somekind of error. Than i notice that i can't see any of photos made by xperia m2. I noticed too that 100ANDRO folder is missing. All photos stored inside it are missing. Other folders from sd card are there and photos are there too.
Than i run file commander app hoping that missing folder and photos are error of album app.
I scroll it to DCIM folder.I did enter DCIM folder. Inside was 100ANDRO folder but it was empty. No photos inside, none. Then i noticed dates of creation of folders. DCIM folder was created somewhere in 2015 when i purchesed m2 and sd card, and 100ANDRO folder was created, on 21st june, 2017 when i run system update on z5. I can verify this with screenshoots if needed.
After this i removed sd card from xperia z5, to xperia m2 hoping that this was somekind of error with z5. But i was suprised with same issue in m2's album and file comm app.( also missing 100ANDRO folder with all photos. other photos and folders are ok).
I think that system of xperia z5 made same saving path to external memory card for taken photos . If it is so, can this be undone. It would be realy crapy if i loose all photos taken by xperia m2.
So i wonder now, can i reach my old photos made by xperia m2 stored in DCIM/100ANDRO on sd storage card.
Thnx for any answer.

Ivo

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

did you insert the sd card before you set up your z5? as far as I have experienced . it will suggest to reformat your sd card so it would be ready for use. you might have pressed it by accident.

try to clear cache of media storage

settings>apps>show system>media storage>clear data restart device. wait for a few minutes since the device will try to rescan the whole storage for media files

metallian1981z5
Visitor

Nope. After clearing cache, directory 100ANDRO is totaly gone from DCIM folder on sd card. Also memory capacity showing 10gb free space. Before this step was almost full. So are my pics gone or i can restore them somehow? 

metallian1981z5
Visitor

Also to answer your question.  I inserted sim and card at same time and run setup but it didn't ask for format.  Phone just read card and asked acces to it.