Join now - be part of our community!

Sony SCR26 Style Cover stopped working

jgw
Visitor

Sony SCR26 Style Cover stopped working

I have a Sony SCR26 cover style case for my Z3 Compact phone.

Now the smart window stopped to work and need help to understand why.

When looking on the running appliaction in my phone I can see that I have 2 application running,

one called "Style Cover-widget" and one called "Stilomslag". My phone speaks swedish and I think the application "Stilomslag" is related to this feature. The strange thing is that these applications is running althought I uninstalled the Style Cover application from my phone.

I would appreciate any idea what could impact on why smart window does not work anymore.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Thommo
Genius

The Z3 comes built in with this app and activates when the case is connected via the bluetooth built into the cases rear

joner85
Visitor

I have the same issue.

My style cover just stopped working today. I've uninstalled the style cover app but still i have 2 processes running. What I've learnd these processes are built in to the phone. Anyway.. I've rebooted the phone, tried to change the theme, reinstalled the style cover app. Nothing works. It's not ok that stuff like this just stops working without any reason at all.

Please give us a solution to this.

Georgi1
Visitor

My style cover stopped working after two days using. Please help us!
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Have you tried just to swipe the cover on the back of the device (reconnect with NFC)?

alexdon
joner85
Visitor

Reconnecting with NFC did not work form me but I discovered that the next time my alarm went off, it started to work again. It had something to do with me turning off the alarm with the cover on/off. A wierd bug but now it works perfecly again. Slightly_smiling_Face

JGabrieleHay
Visitor

Bizarre bug but exactly the same thing happened for me. The alarm broke it and running a second alarm cleared the fault.
eros_mobile
Visitor

Same problem. Suddenly my cover stop working properly. It is well recognized by the phone but it does not do anything when it is closed. All parameters have been checked. Updates done. App uninstaleed and reinstalled. It does not work.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Did you try to clear cache?

- Go to Settings -> Apps -> Smart Connect -> Force stop, Clear cache, restart your phone.
- Re-pair your cover if necessary.

- Go to Settings -> Sond & notification -> Notification access -> Make sure Style Cover is checked.

scurvydog
Visitor

I went to settings - sound & notification - notification access - unchecked and then rechecked style cover and it started working . It started acting up right after an update. Thanks Quester