Join now - be part of our community!

Soft Skin effect

SOLVED
BigSigh
Visitor

Soft Skin effect

This won't turn off. Tried front and back cameras. Tried disabling enabling all settings. Tried force stop camera app in Apps list, clearing data, restart.
Even installed Google's camera app and these photos get processed too!

Extremely frustrated and now thinking of refund
Tags (1)
95 REPLIES 95
RohitTech
Visitor

I dont think so. Are you trying to take photos in low light?

In proper daylight or well light room front cam gives good results. At least what i m getting.

ARB
Visitor

I've been an iPhone user for years. I made the switch to the Sony Z3 for two reasons, it's waterproof and for the camera capabilities. The forced smooth processing on this phone is terrible. I've been a photographer for years and wanted a decent phone camera to use when I'm not carrying my dslr.

Sony, you make very good cameras that give the user's full control of their functions. Why have you dropped the ball so badly with this phone.

I wish I'd stayed with Apple.
fzoromba
Visitor

I just take photos on snapchat and screenshot them, only way I can get the Blur off, still a shocking front camera

anasecura
Visitor

Sony has obviously screwed up but they won't admit it:

121.JPG
link: /t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Soft-Skin-effect/td-p/838361

I'm unlike the others providing you with screenshots:

A.jpg
B.jpg

Is there anyone who emailed them about that as well? If not, I will be next I guess.

nexcore
Visitor

This, is the exact problem.

Augy
Visitor

I can confirm that, smooth effect appears to be on no matter what settings you change. Fix this, PLEASE.

Augy
Visitor

Proof by me. look at the difference between screenshot and postprocessed photos.

Spoiler
SMOOTHSKINISSUE.jpg
connoraworden
Visitor

That has worked for me, thank you!

For reference for other people I'm using a Z3 Compact

Frigidfriendly
Visitor

I'm having the same problem. Why doesn't Sony fix this. I mean what's the point in biting a high end phone and have bad camera!

Frigidfriendly
Visitor

Buying*