Join now - be part of our community!

Soft Skin effect

SOLVED
BigSigh
Visitor

Soft Skin effect

This won't turn off. Tried front and back cameras. Tried disabling enabling all settings. Tried force stop camera app in Apps list, clearing data, restart.
Even installed Google's camera app and these photos get processed too!

Extremely frustrated and now thinking of refund
Tags (1)
95 REPLIES 95
Cdf7
Visitor

Did you work out a way to resolve this? It's driving me mad!
agungald
Visitor

Lol same here too, especially shoot in the low light, it even worse..
Mathius
Visitor

Hi!

I have a problem with my new Xperia Z3 Compact. The front camera is adjusting itself even though I've selected all the settings off and the manual option for taking pictures is on. When I take a picture off myself with the front camera, it somehow adjusts it anyway and smoothes everything out, for me in way worse quality. Does someone know what I'm talking about? Is there a way to completley remove the auto adjust?

Thanks!

ggsc
Visitor

Hi everyone. I am extremely disappointed with the camera quality of my xperia z3 compact. The default soft skin effect is horrible and it can't be turned off!

Please Sony, update the camera app and add some switch to turn off that horrible "soft skin" unnatural effect
SonyDarko
Visitor

Hi everyone.

I've got the same problem, it's so blurry it destroys my photos. I tried with Google's camera, same issues.

I tried to turn off the "soft skin" effect, still the same problem.

Please Sony, let us turn off this effect for real Slightly_frowning_Face

Charm1315
Visitor

I have this issue as well. Extremely disappointed since I chose the Z3 for its camera. Both front and back camera have been smoothen out and added the soft skin effect hence blurring the actual clear picture. Tried switching on and off the soft skin effect and force stop, however it doesn't work. Sony, please fix this issue, do not disappoint your customers.
techychic
Visitor

Uggghhh I just talked to support and this is what they said :

Chat Transcript

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
You have now been connected to an agent.
Agent Leonard:  Hi, thanks for choosing Sony Xperia™ Chat Support. My name is Leonard your Xperia™ Support Representative. Would you please provide me with your full name and email address?

Agent Leonard:  Thank you. What is the model of your device and your service provider?
Deanna :  tmobile z3

Agent Leonard:  Thank you, we understand that your front facing camera has an effect that you don't like too much, is this correct?
Deanna :  I can't take it off
Agent Leonard:  I understand, we'll be more than glad to inform you regarding this matter.
Agent Leonard:  In this case, please keep in mind that your device's front facing camera dues not have the same quality as the back facing camera as quality is significantly lower but image is still correct. Some differences are bound to be detected, however, we cannot guarantee that this camera image will become better unless a setting was changed with this camera option available.
Agent Leonard:  Allow me to ask, is you camera mode set to Manual or Superior Auto?
Deanna :  There is a spilt second after the photo is taken I can see the image is cleaned up and filtered instead of being left alone
Deanna :  it's set to superior
Deanna :  the split second the photo looks fine, then it some how filters it and adds that "soft skin" effect with the option off
Agent Leonard:  In this case, the camera acts different while taking the picture in this split seconds but it is not this image the one that is printed out.
Deanna :  right, but the back camera doesn't do that. just the front, like its stuck
Agent Leonard:  There's nothing that can be done to change the outcome of the picture taken with the frontal camera regarding a soft skin effect since this Camera its build with much less options in the area of image quality. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Deanna :  really?? are you sure? cause this really seems like a bug, i've never had any other phone do this
Agent Leonard:  Do allow me to ask, regarding this issue, does the image look foggy or you are unable to discern object in the image? Or are the colours not real life-like?
Deanna :  it smoothens out the skin, after the photo is taken, like putting it through a filter. The option is on there for "soft skin", that's what that option is supposed to do. But when I turn that option OFF its stays ON & the pictures come out the same with or without the "soft skin" turned on or off.
Deanna :  After the image is taken it looks far from "real" because of that filtered effect
Agent Leonard:  I understand, in that case, this is due to the fact that some functions only work for the rear facing/Main camera on your device and the Frontal camera does not have access to this setting.
Deanna :  Oh my gosh , I really don't think you understand what I'm saying
Deanna :  sir, the option is there, IT WONT TURN OFF
Deanna :  It is an option in the front facing cameras settings, but even when I select off it won't turn off
Agent Leonard:  In that case, what you would need to do is to go to a Sony Store and ask a representative to compare image quality with the Frontal Camera of one of the Xperia Z3 they have available, this way you can confirm if this option is the same or not on all devices and he cannot assist you in changing these settings, then you may contact us again for further assistance

The struggle :smileygeek::smileyangry:  Did he just not get it or is it me????
techychic
Visitor

GOOD NEWS!

I called Tmobile & they helped solve the "soft skin" effect

All you do is go into the Settings - Apps - scroll all the way Right to "ALL" - Search for the camera app - Click on Camera - Click on Clear Data & Clear Cache.

This worked for me & doesn't delete your pictures or anything.

Now take a before and after using the "soft skin" effect in good lighting to see the difference. The only thing is , under poor lighting is still looks like the effect stays on (weahter turned on or not) 😕 so Sony will definitly need to send out an update or something to make the front cam better, cause this is redic!

Anyways, hope this helped!!

carlex
Visitor

Just bought a Z3 DUAL and discovered this "bug"/"problem". It really makes me feel bad, all the photos goes glossy and blur with that effect. The bad point is that even when its disabled it keeps adding the "soft skin".

Hope sony can fix it up.

petrosv
Visitor

Hey sony PLEASE fix this bug. It ruins all photos especially when I use the front face camera.