Join now - be part of our community!

Red Notification light then reboot

profile.country.AT.title
skycamefalling
Contributor

Red Notification light then reboot

Hi guys,

I have the Xperia Z5 compact for 3 days now. Today I was reading an email as suddenly the notification light started blinking red and the phone crashed to immediately start anew.

Now it's fine again but I feel a bit uneasy as I never encountered something like this on any Xperia before...what was it? Will it happen again? Is it a hardware issue so that I should exchange the phone?

Hoping to get some opinions here or maybe some experiences from you guys Slightly_smiling_Face

Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
AdrofleXx
Visitor

I have the same issues with my brand new Z5.. Just Had it for 2days and i can't even use the Phone. Keeps freezing and rebooting all The time! Tried every possible thing, crashes even with a clean Phone..
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@AdrofleXx

Does it reboot without the SIM card?

Sam1997
Visitor

Hi, I dropped my Sony Z5 in a shallow sink while brushing my teeth, the phone has been completely submerged in water however I imideatley took it out. It was working fine for a few minutes then it hard restarted. When I turned it on I went to charge it and the charger didn't work. I tried multiple times with different cables and sockets. The little battery left was used by the phone to come stabtly reboot occationaly giving me some access to the OS but only for a few seconds before rebooting. Now when I plug the phone in it doesn't charge however it does turn the screen on. The Sony logo appears and the powered by android. The. The tool bar at the top of the screen and the android navigation bar but the rest of the screen is black. A few seconds after it resarts, with 4 red lights flashing. Somerimes it will say starting apps...
Micronz17
Visitor

I always experiencing red light notification then turned off when it freezes because the app crushes. I noticed that it became more frequent when I updated my z5 dual into nougat.

@Sam1997

I also experienced that Sony logo but wont boot, when I submerged my phone into water. When it was 1 week old, I am totally freak out. Because I cant send it to service center since I bought my phone outside my country. What I did is open its flaps then a little blower on its body, and I put it on a plastic bag with rice with silicon gel for 1 day, then it worked for me. But I suggest you to send it to service center
Raintree
Visitor

I am very new to smartphone and I was used to turn off  my phone before I went to sleep or charge it.

One day, about 2 weeks after purchase, there was red notification light then reboot. After reboot, there would be red notification again in about 3-5 minutes and reboot, and loop

I tried to browse some solution, and then I did factory reset.

Fortunately, that time I hadn't installed many apps yet, so I didn't have to reinstall many apps.

It's fine till today, still wondering why though,

PS: I have stopped turning it off, fyi

profile.country.SE.title
zzcool
Explorer

I started getting this yesterday on my way home at the airport the screen just died off then the light went red then the screen came back artifacted and slowly visually froze or melted itself then reboot it did this 3 times it hasn't since
Naim
Visitor

I have the same problem too and it is driving me mad. 
However my phone seems to boot normaly after removing the SD card, however, it stays on for about 5 minutes and then reboot again. I tried removing only the sim card but it kept rebooting. I do not know what the problem is, so I will try using software repair via PC Companion.

DigitalBenny
Visitor

Happened once recently on Premium Dual SIM... I didn't notice the red light, but the screen had a pattern I can only describe as plaid... Fading out slowly. Held power + vol until phone restarted. On Marshmallow, not Nougat. All I can guess is a memory leak on latest Google Play Service???
Jimy77
Visitor

Yes having the same problem have had the phone for some months now but only started experience this now one day all of a sudden I was toggling around on my Z5 Premium and all of  a sudden my phone's Notification lights start blinking red and then it crashes and now for the past 3 day every time I try to turn on my Z5.P it goes though the boot process then right when it gets to the screen that shows where the SIM card slot is and other info the screen starts blurring out then crashes  then the Notification light blinks red and it restarts over and over again and it'll do that for 6-7 time before it completely shuts down

i'm up to date with all app and software don't know what the HECK!! Is GOING ON CAN ANYONE HELP?