Join now - be part of our community!

Front Camera problems

SOLVED
Metten90
Visitor

Front Camera problems

I've had my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact for 1,5 year now, and the first 9 months I had absolutely no problems what so ever. But then the Android update came around Halloween last year, and the front camera stopped working. I got it to work again around Christmas (I don't know how, the camera just opened with the front camera when I opneded the app). 
And so, it's been a bit on/off with it, but I've always gotten it to work eventually.
But now I haven't been able to make it work for the past 3 months, so obviously my patience is used up by now.

I've tried;

- clearing the caches

- uninstalling camera effects (ar-effect, etc)
- running a software repaire with pc companion
- resetting my phone completely

- installng an alternative camera app, and deactivating the built-in camera app
- getting a lab to take a look at it; they said that everything looked fine, and even they couldn't figure out what was wrong.

So, here I am, with a phone with a front camera that just refuses to work. I've been googling around to see if others where having same problem as me, and it seem that camera problems are pretty common with the xperia phones.

So, is there anyone out there, with a trick, that I haven't already tried, that will make the problems go away? 'cause to me it seems like it's something with Android that's causing the problems 😕

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi Metten90,

Welcome to the community,

I'm sorry to hear about the Camera issue, you seem to have performed all the right steps to rectify this problem, however it does sound like hardware is causing this.

I would suggest contact Customer Care and get the device checked out. Use my signature below to find contact details for your region.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi Metten90,

Welcome to the community,

I'm sorry to hear about the Camera issue, you seem to have performed all the right steps to rectify this problem, however it does sound like hardware is causing this.

I would suggest contact Customer Care and get the device checked out. Use my signature below to find contact details for your region.

Metten90
Visitor

Hi there!

I know it's been a long time since you aswered me, but I just wanted to give an update; It was a hardware malfunction and I got it fixed Slightly_smiling_Face

Thank you for your help

- Metten

Amjid
Visitor

I have same problem with sony xperia z5 compact front. Did all above steps. Also Back camera give error message ( the camera is used by another application please close other application and start again) Back Camera works with third party application like HD Camera App. But front camera doesnot work in any app. Also my adriod webview app is disable. Unable to enable it.