Join now - be part of our community!

Dynamic Vibration System - not compatible with games?

Eambo
Visitor

Dynamic Vibration System - not compatible with games?

Hey all!

I recently got the XZ2 and, with videos, have been fairly unimpressed by the dynamic vibration system. I downloaded some games to try it out with as I figured it might be a better experience there - but to my surprise it does not trigger, and the volume controls show no sign of it being able to be enabled within games.

Has anyone managed to get this working in games? If so, which ones, and how?

I've tried Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition and Sword Art Online so far to no avail.

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

@aaronbs;

To enable or disable Dynamic Vibration

• Find and tap Settings > Sound > Dynamic Vibration.

Dynamic Vibration

The Dynamic Vibration feature enhances your media experience by adding synchronised vibration when you watch videos or listen to music on your device. To learn more about this feature, go to Settings > Sound > Dynamic Vibration .

Dynamic Vibration turns off automatically in the following cases:

• The media volume is set to silent.
  • The backlight is off.
  • The device is being charged wirelessly.
  • STAMINA mode is activated.

Dynamic Vibration does not work with all media apps.

Dynamic Vibration levels

Off

No vibration

Mild

Less vibration

Normal

Well-balanced vibration

Powerful

More vibration

To adjust Dynamic Vibration settings within a media app
  1. Open the desired media app, for example YouTube or the Album app.
  2. Start playback of the media contents.
  3. Press the volume key to open the volume panel.
  4. Drag the slider for Dynamic Vibration to set the preferred level for this app.
  5. The Dynamic Vibration setting is saved for next time you use this app.

There is no vibration if the media volume is set to silent.

aaronbs
Visitor

Yeah, i meant that i don't know how enable in games. In media app works fine 

pressefr
Contributor

I just now realized this for the whole time having an Xperia 1 since the US pre-order drop. I can't believe Sony hasn't fixed this or rendered this over as a Game Enhancer feature.

I was just playing "Warplanes: WW2 Dogfight" and was thinking the audio isn't really punchy... Try to turn on DVS to no avail.

Whyyyy! Sony do your update-jobs and read the forums! Are you really listening to us?! Cause CES 2020 got some LG TVs for gamers 120Hhz refresh rate to rollout!

The vibrations worked on the game "Gunbound M," but for the music that is playing and not the actual action sound effects as you would think would happen on a Sony PlayStation controller.