Join now - be part of our community!

Dynamic Vibration System - not compatible with games?

Eambo
Visitor

Dynamic Vibration System - not compatible with games?

Hey all!

I recently got the XZ2 and, with videos, have been fairly unimpressed by the dynamic vibration system. I downloaded some games to try it out with as I figured it might be a better experience there - but to my surprise it does not trigger, and the volume controls show no sign of it being able to be enabled within games.

Has anyone managed to get this working in games? If so, which ones, and how?

I've tried Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition and Sword Art Online so far to no avail.

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Hi @Eambo;

I don´t have the XZ2 but this is just a guess having in account the other sliders, have you tried when the DVS slider appears in the intro of the games pressing the "off" to see if DVS turns on.

Eambo
Visitor

The DVS doesn't seem to do anything unless that slider is present. As soon as it disappears, no haptic feedback 😞

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

@Eambo;

But when it apears have you tried touching the "off" to see if it changes to "on"? Also there are some conditions that turn the DVS automatically off, please read also here:https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz2/userguide/volume,-vibration-and-sound/

Eambo
Visitor

Ah I see what you're saying. Yes it is on the "normal" level and is working fine in audio/visual apps, such as YouTube - it is just games it doesn't play nice with.

Jonas
Master

Hi @Eambo, sorry for the late reply to your post.

The Dynamic Vibration System (DVS) analyses audio data and lets you feel the action in your hands when playing a game or watching a movie or video.

The Dynamic Vibration System is designed to work with any application that uses the normal audio path. If, for example, a game app is designed with a different audio path, the Dynamic Vibration System will not work for it.

Have you had the chance to try these games, or any other games lately and how did it go? Slightly_smiling_Face

Hilarious
Visitor

Huh,😑  Thanks to U, im almost buying  it. Just planning to buy xz2 for gaming PUBG/fortnite/ffxvPE because that dual vibration feeling ,. Guess what, again sony very disappointing..

aaronbs
Visitor

Sorry, i don´t understand what is "audio path"? Can you explained for not native English?

Can you say me any game that the DVS works?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@aaronbs

https://source.android.com/devices/audio/terminology

Audio Signal Path

Audio signal path terms relate to the signal path that audio data follows from an application to the transducer or vice-versa.

transducer

Converts variations in physical real-world quantities to electrical signals. In audio, the physical quantity is sound pressure, and the transducers are the loudspeaker and microphone. For details, refer to Transducer.

Jonas
Master

@Syaf1, I'm not quite sure that I understand what you mean. The Dynamic Vibration System works with games, as long as the game is developed to use the normal audio path. If you are unsure if the games that you are looking to play is developed this way, check with the developers. You should be able to find a contact email address at their page in the Google Play store.

@aaronbs, Please see @uliwooly's reply, he beat me to it! Slightly_smiling_Face

I asked my colleague that plays a lot of games and Sniper 3D works fine with this feature, in case you want a game to test with! Slightly_smiling_Face

I hope that helps!

aaronbs
Visitor

Hi, thanks for the answers. I try whit 2 sniper 3D but don´t works. Can you give me a link to this game?

I think that i dont know how put on the DVS