Join now - be part of our community!

WiFi and Data conection issue (xperia x10 mini)

Not applicable

WiFi and Data conection issue (xperia x10 mini)

Hi, first off all sorry I can't post in the xperia x10 mini section.

Well this is my problem, I use the data conection well, i can surf internet in 3G and send an receive mms normally, the problem is when I use WiFi, after use wife y tried to navegate using 3g network but i cant, i notice that if someboy send me a mms i receive only a text messege telling me that the message can't download, and if i try to send a mms i cant, all of that having the data transmision enable, but i can solve the problem temporally turning airplane mode on and off, so it force to cellphone reconect to the umts network, why??? or if I change from 3g mode to 2g mode the data transmision over the red works again, but i'm not goig to do that everytime I turn off wifi.

i notice that when i turn off the wifi, in the section on the phone:

settings - about phone - status - mobile network type :  it says always "unknown"

and when turn on and off the airplanemode it appears UMTS (i use 3g, and I suppoused that turning on and off it force to reconect with the network, but why disconect when use wifi)   and I can use data traffic over the network fine, send and receive mms fine, but when turn on the wifi and after using the wifi and turning off the wifi (wifi works fine) it's says unknown and i cant restablish conection, the only solution is switch 3g to 2g mode or airplane on and off to force data traffic

it's a sowtware issue? or a hardware issue on my phone???

it's drives me crazy!!!

note in the taskbar apperar the 3g logo or gprs, but when turn on wifi, the wifi logo kill the 3g or gprs (2g) logo, and when turn off wifi the network logo 3g or gprs never shows again, in that moment --> settings - about phone - status - mobile network type :  it says always "unknown"

the solution i can found is reforce the conection turning on and off airplane mode or switch 3g mode to 2g, solution?????

really drives me carzy

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Aimee
Enthusiast

Hi,

This isn't a problem I have heard of before. Have you tried updating the software? This can be done from the Update Service application at the link below:

www.sonyericsson.com/update

Not applicable

Hi, and thanks for reply, I hope not wait 10 days or more for other reply.

Of course I update my xperia x10 mini with pc companion, the problem was present and I think maybe I need a repair, and do that too from pc companion, and it's the same.

I try to update now but it says that I have the latest software; by the way the firmware is:

firmware version 1.6

baseband version: unknow

kernel version: 2.6.29 SEMCUser@SEMCHost #1

build number: 1.1.A.0.8

is that the last firmware for the xperia x10 mini?

when update to 2.1 it will be solved?

thank's for your time and reply

Er_Kannan
Contributor

When you connect to Wi-Fi while connected to a 3G or 2G network, the phone automatically switches to Wi-Fi. In normal cases if you turn Wi-Fi off the connection to 3G or 2G will be regained automatically. I presume that this is the problem that is affecting you that the phone does not reconnect to 3G/2G network. If that is the case then it must be a software problem.

In regard of the mms problem, I think you cannot receive mms or send mms when you are connected to Wi-Fi. The reason for this is that mms feature is network dependent. You should have data traffic enabled and phone connected to 3G or 2G network to do that. This is entirely my opinion and I am not so sure about it.

Not applicable

Hi, yeah the problem is that you mentioned, when turn off wi-fi the phone not reconnect to 3g/2g data network, so if I want to surf internet using my operators network it's simply imposible until I do something to force the reconection like turn on and off airplane mode or switch 3g to 2g or viceversa, and of course mms are imposible to receive, at leas i can receive a menssage tell me that the message couldn't download so i switch and download the mms forcin in that way, so how solve this problem?

thank's

Not applicable

Not sure if these tricks will actually solve the problem but at least it'll help to deal with it:

1. Updates as discussed

2. Aiplane mode back and fort as you mentioned

3. Rebooting your phone - yeah, I know inconvenient as hell

4. Android Market has some tools that allow you to force all connections down and back up by one-click-operation. Have look, e.g., https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.versine.connectionfixer.

Hope these will help at least a bit!

Akh1
Visitor

Hi,

Please anyone can help me to findout the techniques to root my Xperia z1 and install a new os to my phone