Join now - be part of our community!

SMS deliver report

Not applicable

SMS deliver report

Hi there,

When i send an SMS, i get the Deliver Report , an envelope with an exclamation mark, but i know that i already sent an SMS to a offline phone and i got the same envelope with the exclamation mark, when i know that the SMS was pendent, is there any way to know if it was deliver or not?? are thes envelops with the exclamation mark the Deliver Report or it something else that is missing??

Tks!!!

3 REPLIES 3
sushidushi
Contributor

The 'delivery reports' will tell you that a message has been delivered, but will not tell you if someone has opened it.  If you want to know if someone has read a message, you'll need to enable 'read reports'.  To check what your settings are (for the big X10, anyway), go to Messaging, press the menu key - Settings.  If you want 'read reports, put a tick in the 'Read reports' section.  Hope this helps, and answers your question.

Not applicable

Tkx for the help, i have already those ticked, i just want to know if the message was delivered and the Read its a second question for me. In the other day i called to a person and it was Off, then i thought to send an SMS and when the Deliver report arrived, i knew that the phone would be ON right? so i sent it, but it gave the same Delivered Report , the envelope with the circle and an I inside, instead of showing Pendent or the Red circle...that's what i am talking about.

Not applicable

Then you put you finger over the message and hold it for a while "message options" appear. One of the options is "View Report". When you choose it you can see the status of the message: "Pending" or "Received" respectively.