Join now - be part of our community!

GPS

Not applicable

GPS

Does using GPS on the xperia x10 mini cost you anything or is it just the wise pilot app that costs to use?

4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable

Gps costs only battery.

Programs that download data cost you data.

Programs that you must buy, costs you money when you buy or update them.

Not applicable

Thanks. Was confused because they said that GPS costs when i got my phone and that you get a 30 day free trial but it turns out that they were talking about wisepilot the app, no the GPS itself. 

sushidushi
Contributor

I haven't explored mine yet, but if you use assisted GPS, the phone will use your mobile phone network to get a signal faster and, I think, make it generally a bit more responsive.  That would cost you for any data you use, but I have no idea how expensive that would be.  Worth checking before you find yourself with a higher thanm usual bill...

I was spoiled with Nokia, which had free maps and free voice guidance - until the phone gave up on me and I had to replace it.

Not applicable

I have used Google Navigation on my Xperia X10. Quite frankly, i'm impressed with the voice turn by turn navigation. AND the app is FREE! But on the downside, my battery drained and heated up quickly (when i reached my destination, i checked the temperature at almost 50C - almost half boiling point!)

I have finally decided to return this expensive paperweight (thank goodness I am able to return this and cancel my plan). This phone HAD potential. Too bad SE wasn't able to maximize it.

I hate to say it, but goodbye to my "ex", you could have been a perfect 10.