Join now - be part of our community!

Explanation point on the boot screen

Not applicable

Explanation point on the boot screen

I got my x10 yesterday and played all day long. Everything was fine untill I try to upgrade the software.

I used Sony Update Service software and it give error at the middle of the process.

Now, I got explanation point on my screen when I turn it on. I can't do anything.

Any ideas, how to fix?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
KrazyD
Contributor

Download SE PC Companion and use the repair option to fix the phone.

Not applicable

I tried that but PC Companion tells me that I have to mount the phone. I can't do anything on the phone.

Do you know how to work around that?

Thank you

KrazyD
Contributor

Try running another update using SEUS.

Not applicable

I also tried that one and gives me the error message in the middle of update.

Not applicable

Without connecting any phone > Start SE PC Companion 2.0 > On "Support zone" click "START" > under "Software Update" click "START" > a pop-up will appear > press "REPAIR" > press "CONTINUE" > wait for SEUS to update [if necessary] > Follow the instructions !

Hope it works !

Good luck !

Not applicable

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phones/detailed/gsgupdateservice/xperiax10?cc=gb&lc=en

read that and tryagain try it on another pc it worked for me i mucked mine up and restored thru seus and worked it it says you alrady have update software it should say are you sure you want to continue please read instructions step by its not broken you just you mucked up the updatr firmware

Not applicable

Thanks for your help but it did not work either. PC companion give me the error message after it download the update.

Does anyone know thatX10 comes with international warranty?

I purchased the phone in Europe, can I sent for repair in US?

Thanks

1.png

Not applicable

Must be something from your PC [spyware / mallware / virus] ... try formating it and install a free antivirus before anything else [ex. : avast]

I tried this on 3 PC's : 2 with Win XP ,1 with Win 7 ; they all work fine !

Not applicable

i think you need to do it thru seus and turn off your firewall make sure your holding back button while plugging in cable i can conform that i did have same problem but i downloading sues and my phone was working again:smileyhappy: