Join now - be part of our community!

Z3 compact WiFi Id number

SOLVED
flopezve
Visitor

Z3 compact WiFi Id number

Reposting, first post disappeared (?)

I am trying to find out which is the Id number for my Z3 tablet compact (32 Gb Wifi version). I have found sthg called IDID, a 15 digit number, but it is rejected as ID number. The tablet was bought in Japan and I am trying to find out when Lollipop will be available for it. I have been asked for that ID number, but cannot find it. Any suggestions?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bearings
Contributor
10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Can you check in settings-about tablet-status?

alexdon
flopezve
Visitor

Yeah, as I said, I see a 15 digit number under IDID, but it is not accepted as Id Number when input in SONY's page

Tags (1)
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

A non GSM unit will not have an IMEI as far as I know. You should also check the box,see if the ID matches with what you have in settings.

alexdon
Bearings
Contributor

Hi flopezve, try this...How-to-find-device-id-tablet-phone

Rickard
Master

If you've been in contact with your local support team, the IDID should be the number they're looking for.

flopezve
Visitor

I had to install one of those apps and found Android ID and also model S/N, I hope one of them works

Thank you very much

Now I need to know how to find out when Lollipop will show up... will I follow Japan (where the tablet was bought) or Spain (where I live now) schedule???

flopezve
Visitor

sh&&$&&$t!!!!!!

None of those numbers is valid!!!!

I am requested the ID in My SUPPORT section of SONY's webpage. I tried the IDID number (15 digit, only numbers) and I receive "invalid IMEI" (Of course! it's the IDID, not the IMEI!). The other numbers cannot even be input, as they have digits and letters and only digits are expected!

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Contact your local sony team before registering the tablet.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

alexdon
flopezve
Visitor

Hi, 

I have a Z3 compact tablet (SGP612, wifi only) which I bought when working in Japan. Now I live in Spain, and since I came, no SW update has been made. I have been told by SONY SPAIN that my tablet won't update while here (it is still running Android 4.4). I just do not understand this, is it so? do I have any option to "force" it updating? Could I change to European SW myself? They have offered sending it to some service point and, only after inspection, maybe they could offer me a SW change, but I don't want to loose the tablet for days, maybe weeks, as I use it extensively for everyday work.

Thanks for any input