Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z3 Tablet LTE Android 5.0.2, build 23.1.a.1.28. Crashing

SOLVED
TroyT
Visitor

Xperia Z3 Tablet LTE Android 5.0.2, build 23.1.a.1.28. Crashing

Hi Forum Mates,

I bought my Xperia Z3 Tablet LTE 1 month ago. It keeps on crashing when it should not.

I contacted their support in Germany 19.08  vial onlne emails (bought it in Germany and I live in Germany) but their support has not replied me yet.

Yesterday I contacted them again but no replies. I really wonder how come their service ceter takes such a long time to respond cusotmer´s emails. What is the Sony service level agreement?

Here are the details -  

It got the newest Android 5.0.2, build 23.1.a.1.28.

The tablet suddenly turns off and then restart without warning or showing messages. I checked "Diagnostics" - System Incidents, in the last 10 days it happend 9 times that it crashed. On Sunday morning right after I got up it crashed twice when I was just reading news and Sony support site. 

Today I had my lunch and went outside for a walk. After coming back, right after I activating the tablet, it got frozen and then crashed. I checked the Diagonostic in the phone and I could see that it "secretly" crashed once already. So in total twice crashing until now today. 

I am very sure that my tablet has a lot of power (usually 80% - 90%) when it crashed. 

1. I play games often on the tablet, but usually during the gaming it does NOT restart.  But if I just take it out and read webpage, then it restarts in front of my eyes immediately. 

I read the online help articles and I cleared the phone and app cache because I thought maybe it is because of other apps. But it did not solve the issue.

2. I restore the phone with "Factory data reset" and only installed very basic apps from Sony, plus Spotify, VLC players and Hearthstone game. I did NOT install more app. But then when I watch Youtube, the phone turns off automatically. It happens really frequently. So I unstalled Youtube updates from the phone. 

3. I turned off Stamina service because I worry that maybe the battery app made the issue. But still it happens. 

4. I saved app only on Sony internal memory and I only use the external SD card for backup purpose, no movies and no photos on it. 

5. I did NOT allow my apps to upgrade automatically from Google store because I worry that upgrading automatically could cause the problem. So I update my apps manually. 

6. I also removed the "Android Web Viewer" on Sunday since I read that it could cause crashing. But it did not solve the issue. 

Do you have the similar issues or solutions? Suggestoins are appreciated. 

Thank you very much! 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

If you didn't already try this: I'd suggest that you do a PC Companion phone repair, this will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. It's totally different and yields better results that Factory reset.

Open PC companion -> Support zone -> Phone/tablet software update -> Repair my phone/tablet (blue link style). Follow the steps given, do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

If you didn't already try this: I'd suggest that you do a PC Companion phone repair, this will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. It's totally different and yields better results that Factory reset.

Open PC companion -> Support zone -> Phone/tablet software update -> Repair my phone/tablet (blue link style). Follow the steps given, do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

TroyT
Visitor

Hello @quester, 

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Few minutes ago I received the same solutoin from Sony´s customer support with  more specific details. Glad that you are helping me in time. 

I will have a try and see how it goes. 

Cheers, 

Troy

TroyT
Visitor

Hello @Quester,

Update here -  

The issue got worse now. 

After using the PC Companion, it was better in July and August but still the tablet crashed often. I was not too bothered cos sometims I just restarted it. But since October it got much worse. 

Last Friday 16.10 I used the PC Companion again to reinstall the system. But since Friday to today (19.10), it crashed already 10 times. Before it did not crash so frequently. 

I also de-activated many apps such as Sony "What is new", and "Sony Lounge" because I had thought they might cause the issue. I also did not use "Stamina" mode but still the system crashes.

The tablet runs the newest version 23.4.a.1.232 (Android 5.1.1). Previously it did not crash when I played games. But now it crashes in the middle of my game. 

I called the Germany´s support and I was told to contact their support again via writing so they could collect my device and repaire it.  

Thanks!