Join now - be part of our community!

xperia z2 camera doesn't work since I have updated to lollypop 5.1

SOLVED
kotinkiev8
Visitor

xperia z2 camera doesn't work since I have updated to lollypop 5.1

Hello. I have an Xperia Z2 tablet wifi. Was working very good with kitkat. It has enough free memory, no many software installed yet. And this morning I've updated to android 5.0 and then to 5.1. All process was finished ok apparently..

However, when I try to take a shoot with camera.. Yes it got it, but authomatly it stops working and shows a window telling " this aplicattion is stopped " ... ( ok in my lenguage but meaning something like this ), in anycase I've tried it lot of times shooting and happens the same thing.

Anyone knows why is this? Or anyone has the same proeblem with camera after the updates?

Thankyou & regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

It is your choice, if you have time to backup some of your data, you can try uli's suggestion.

alexdon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Try settings-apps-all,scroll down to camera. Force stop and clear data. Restart.

alexdon
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@kotinkiev8

If @alexdon's suggestion doesn't solve the problem then reinstall the latest update with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

kotinkiev8
Visitor

I gonna try it thanks for the advice

kotinkiev8
Visitor

Well I've tried the Alexdon's option and I did all steps and reseted for 2 times. The new thing is my camera does the same, it shows the window telling camera is sttoped etc... but only in the first shoot.... in the follow shoots it doesn't show the annoying window. Of course it repeats the matter after restarting tablet)

In other hand, I,ve seen on settings, aplicattions, all, camera... and now it shows 2 cameras, like cloned but one is version 2.A.0.51 with around 500 kb data and the other one is version 1.0.0 and with around 12Mb data.

I bet it comes after the updating to lollypop cause I never had this problem with kitkat

So, should I try the Uliwolly solution or I should wait a couple of days to get my lollypop more stable?

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

It is your choice, if you have time to backup some of your data, you can try uli's suggestion.

alexdon